Breeding bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a pair of bettas today, put the female in the floating mason-jar and the male like kept flaring at her for hours. No sights of a bubble nest am I doing this right at this stag?

Thanks

You need to condition the fish for breeding. If you haven't done this, you may be jeopardizing the female. Have you done any research on the proper setup to breed them? It's very different than most every fish ( except other Anabantids). PM me if you have any questions. You can also check out my albums for pics of setups, breeding color patterns and the results of my efforts ;)

You need to condition the fish for breeding. If you haven't done this, you may be jeopardizing the female. Have you done any research on the proper setup to breed them? It's very different than most every fish ( except other Anabantids). PM me if you have any questions. You can also check out my albums for pics of setups, breeding color patterns and the results of my efforts ;)

Yeah i was talking to another betta breeder and they told me to remove the female and condition them for a week on live foods till the male has a bubbl

My beta, not letting him breed, creates bubble nests every month:) since you want him to breed, make sure he has a nest FIRST because if you just let a female beta in the tank you might wake up to a missing fish :0 hope this helps and you have to be patient with your fish and good luck!

I tried that once... It was unsuccessful, but it's a really unique and beautiful thing, I think. Good luck! :)

Oh I'm not letting Mr.Baits (my fish) breed. I couldn't have another tank... My mom doesn't really like aquariums ( too hard she says, wrong!) so having two tanks is enough.

Back
Top Bottom