Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooo. Rimless, now that's a thought. LOL jwh, Donna would choose death. OS.
I always find it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission! 40 breeder... Ohh the possibilities.. All that floor space.. Oooooooo

Okay...so I noticed one of my neons has an enormous belly. Is it pregnant, ate too much, or has some sort of problem I should be concerned about?

That's not a good one bro, can you qt him? It may be beginning stages of bloat. Is he pooping?

I don't know if he's pooping. Is it a form of constipation? I don't have a qt tank. Why, is it contagious?

I don't know if he's pooping. Is it a form of constipation? I don't have a qt tank. Why, is it contagious?

No its to keep a better view on him. I would withhold feeding for a day or 2 to see if the big belly goes down since there is no qt to monitor him

As for jwh0818 I completely missed that post. Jwh is my name Jonathan Wayne Huggins and 0818 is my wife and I anniversary

Alas! Jwh has unveiled the mystery. Your full name's better than mine. lol. Brian, I don't think the bloated Neon is contagious. Could be as bad as intestinal blockage or as simple as eggs. As said, skip feeding a day or two. Then if you have them, give them some frozen baby brine shrimp. They pig out on it and then *hit like a goose. At least mine do. OS.

Yeah that's my name! I like those pellets I feed a bunch. They sink and I never have a problem with ammonia if a few sit there. Great pellets and they are fish friendly meaning there is only vegetable protein on it

Thanks guys... I feed them frozen brine and hikari micro pellets. But I'll hold off a day or two.

My bigger tetras seem to go after the API pellets like jwh showed as they are a little bigger than the NLS micro pellets. The API seems to be a good quality pellet. OS.

Back
Top Bottom