Bribos rebooted 20 nuvo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update
All corals are doing great (except the Goni [emoji20] )
I have 2 acros I added about a week ago too that are showing growth on the bases already!
Acros are the ASD rainbow mille and WWC yellow tip austera
Alk -9.01
Calcium-480
Mag-1480
Phosphate-.07
Nitrate-10
pH-8.08
Temp-79.9-80.4
Salinity-1.026
IMG_1504.jpgIMG_1488.jpg

Yeah man I’m on my parameters like a hawk! They’re both looking good, the yellow tips browned a bit from shipping but it’s getting its color back now. Can’t wait til it actually gets the yellow tips

Some new additionsIMG_1525.jpgIMG_1526.jpgIMG_1527.jpg

Red planet, green birdsnest, oxide zoas
I got daisy dukes and capt americas too but those pics were bad lol

Some updates!
Corals are doing well. Red blanket browned out somewhat but the color wasn’t great when I got it in, polyp extension is still good and it’s growing like crazy already so it should color up. Most of my zoas have gotten new polyps as well. Ordered a tunze osmolator from brs as it was on sale and I had bday money :). Also have a corals corals coming in tomorrow.IMG_1585.jpgIMG_1586.jpgIMG_1584.jpgIMG_1583.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 37
Growth shots IMG_1545.jpgIMG_1690.jpgIMG_1522.jpgIMG_1691.jpg
09aa07677a6a85e189034e6911d30e31.jpg
6d1afb5992bd2cfc58587ba0930eeb1b.jpg

Timeframe is about a little over a month. Also seeing great growth on my vivid rainbow, bonsai, anacropora, and Stylo but hard to show it via pictures as I don’t have a good now shot vs then

Kinda been through the ringer this past month and a half. Tank got dinos and cyano, beat the small amount of dinos pretty quickly miraculously. However nitrate bottomed out combined with the cyano encroaching on my acros plus an alk spike caused them to bleach and go pale. I also lost a frag of zoas to cyano. All other sps that aren’t acros are doing fine as well as my lps and other softies. I’m beating the cyano now and the tank seems to be returning to normal so I’m hoping the acros recover.

Get a algae filter cyano is caused by an imbalance between nitrates and phosphate the algae filter will eventually restore the correct ratio and reduce the ppm of both.

Get a algae filter cyano is caused by an imbalance between nitrates and phosphate the algae filter will eventually restore the correct ratio and reduce the ppm of both.

Yep my nitrates bottomed out while my phosphates are around .15 which is the issue. I’ve resolved it now with wcs and dosing nitrate.

So sorry to hear of all the hardships of the tank. It is a huge stress. Glad you are getting it figured out. Before too long it will better.

Well the aftermath. Lost a couple acro frags that had grown really well :(. However my tank looks great now. Cyanos gone, all corals except acros look great. I’ve seen a resurgence in micro fauna as well. Hopefully the nitrate dosing will help the acros and they can recover. I still have red planet, palette pink tip and hard bonsai. My hammer has fully split and gsp is growing on the back wall so things are looking good!IMG_0063.jpg

Back
Top Bottom