Bringing pond inside --6 mo. update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acpart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is hopefully the last month before I can bring my pond back outside. My taro plant hasn't been doing too well. It got infested with white flies (I think that's what they are) and for too long I thought it was just pollen from the papyrus. I have been wiping the leaves and stem with a garlic and water solution which seems to help. Unfortunately the white flies seem to be on the duckweed and water lettuce as well, but I'm drowning them and hoping that the fish eat them. There is more algae in the tank than I realized but I just replaced the barley straw and am hoping that the problem will resolve. The fish have slowed down on spawning but continue to be active. The water lily is sending out more leaves but none are floating yet. I'm looking forward to the first week in May when I can set up outside again.
Aliza

A fairly small amount of the sheet-like stringy stuff which is pretty much tangling up in my "submerged" plants which have turned into floating plants. I had barley straw in the pond last summer but didn't change it until last week. Now I have 3 pads so I can change them every 3 months. I'm surprised about the algae because the pond has a western exposure and not that much sun.

Aliza

Back
Top Bottom