Bristlenose Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally found a BNP available at my LFS and picked it up to add to my Mbuna tank. There's a Syn.Eupterus in there as well. Everyone is getting along swimmingly ;)

Sure! I'll get some tonight, if it cooperates with me. It is definitely the most interesting Pleco that I have ever owned. It has the most intriguing flexible snout. I was concerned about how he and the Syn.Eupterus (Featherfin Squeaker) would get along, but they frequently cross paths and neither regards the other whatsoever.

I have a brittlenose in my 10 gallon(upgrading soon), they grow extremely quick and interesting to see there "nose"

I have an albino BNP in my 29 gallon... I just got him about 4 days ago...

image-1356426633.jpg

Sorry... He is realy small ... And i couldnt get a better pic...

I got 2 at the same time and now one is twice the size of the other! I don't know what happened

I finally found a BNP available at my LFS and picked it up to add to my Mbuna tank. There's a Syn.Eupterus in there as well. Everyone is getting along swimmingly ;)

I have two BN's with my featherfin and they also get along great. He didn't care for their flowing finnage at first, they are both albino long fins, but after awhile he got used to them.

Here's my bn pleco, it's only about 3" excluding the tail.

Attachments

• image-360428163.jpg
    image-360428163.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 72
LyndaB said:
I have two BN's with my featherfin and they also get along great. He didn't care for their flowing finnage at first, they are both albino long fins, but after awhile he got used to them.

I was this close (visualize) to getting an albino BNP that was available, but it was so small that I feared he might have been beaten up or even eaten. If I come across another Albino that's a little bigger I may reconsider. It was very cool. Great personality these guys have. Mine loves my DIY caves.

I actually have 4 BN's, but the one that's meant to be the 3rd for the 75 gallon is too small, so he's growing out in the 46 community. Then the seller (aquabid) also sent me a tiny little guy so he's growing out in my 16 gallon. You just need more tanks, that's all! :cool:

Tetra1990 said:
The bristle noses are quite the workhorses.

Agreed. I put one in my tank and two days later there was no algea and there was pleco poop EVERYWHERE. Dirty little guys.

Sorry for the reply to an old thread. Just a quick note to say that the BNP is awesome. It really adds a lot of character to the tank and is a workhorse after hours. If I turn on a remote room light early in the morning I can see him working away. I've had a lot of Plecos, but this one is the most interesting by far.

Labenator65000 said:
Sorry for the reply to an old thread. Just a quick note to say that the BNP is awesome. It really adds a lot of character to the tank and is a workhorse after hours. If I turn on a remote room light early in the morning I can see him working away. I've had a lot of Plecos, but this one is the most interesting by far.

I totally agree. i bought a tiny albino BNP ge is about an inch with the tail. He is always working, i had 2 CAE that stopped eating algae and became bullies so then i rehomed them and got a common pleco, but he died mysteriously. The BNP is always on some rock or the glass and he leaves my plants alone! I have nothing bad to say about him and i cant wait until the "bristles" start to grow! :)

The bristles on the males are more prominent. There are actually several varieties of BNP, some have outright prehistoric-looking bristles.

Labenator65000 said:
The bristles on the males are more prominent. There are actually several varieties of BNP, some have outright prehistoric-looking bristles.

do you know anything about the bristles on albino BNP?, idk if it matters but he has red eyes (yes most albino creatures have red eyes but some albino BNP have black eyes)

Back
Top Bottom