Brooksters 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Subbed Brooks. Sounds like its going to be a killer tank. You should get a farlowella for this bad boy when the time comes! Im loving mine.

Albino or brown and is it wild caught or tank raised? I've heard they are hard to keep fed. I'd like to start a tank for farlowella or whip tails undecided on which yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got some dw on sale, box showed up today! Waiting on substrate delivery..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry for the hijack. I'm very interested in lower tech planted tanks. I have no aquascaping skills and just throw stuff in the tank. What kind of wood is the new driftwood?

Sorry for the hijack. I'm very interested in lower tech planted tanks. I have no aquascaping skills and just throw stuff in the tank. What kind of wood is the new driftwood?

I developed a deep respect for lower tech tanks in the last year or so. Changed up my high light tank to a low light and im loving it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Albino or brown and is it wild caught or tank raised? I've heard they are hard to keep fed. I'd like to start a tank for farlowella or whip tails undecided on which yet.

It is a wild caught (Almost all are unless you go straight through a breeder) Farlowella Vittata. So far mine is eating Zucchini, picking at algae wafers and grazing on wood around the tank. He still looks fat and happy like when I got him from my LFS so fingers crossed. Ill be posting a few updates in my thread about him and Ill be documenting things that do and don't work. Not a whole ton on these guys on the web

I developed a deep respect for lower tech tanks in the last year or so. Changed up my high light tank to a low light and im loving it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, Low light tanks are starting to draw me more. My high tech 55 can be a pain sometimes but Im still enjoying it. As soon as it is not fun anymore to mess with a high tech tank anymore I will switch to low tech and lower the BML to 40-50% and get me a nice assortment of crypts, mosses, buces, Java ferns, etc.

It is a wild caught (Almost all are unless you go straight through a breeder) Farlowella Vittata. So far mine is eating Zucchini, picking at algae wafers and grazing on wood around the tank. He still looks fat and happy like when I got him from my LFS so fingers crossed. Ill be posting a few updates in my thread about him and Ill be documenting things that do and don't work. Not a whole ton on these guys on the web

Yeah, Low light tanks are starting to draw me more. My high tech 55 can be a pain sometimes but Im still enjoying it. As soon as it is not fun anymore to mess with a high tech tank anymore I will switch to low tech and lower the BML to 40-50% and get me a nice assortment of crypts, mosses, buces, Java ferns, etc.

I have noticed there's not a lot of info out there. I have a connection to a breeder and my connection has had farlowella and whip tails. Need to set up another tank if I'm going to get one. I will definitely be following along for updates.

Dude I'm in. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

Got dw and substrate should be on the porch. Really considering some bolivian rams in here. Anyone have thoughts on them?

I have thoughts ......
Really?
Do they live a lot longer then GBR?

Yes, don't worry though, gbr will have a 30 all to them selves. The bolivians seem to be a lot more forgiving than gbr..

Ive been lookin at them for a long time. Ive come across these so called "ruby" bolivian rams a few times. Theyre pretty, but cant find much info on what the difference between them n reg bolivians are.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive been lookin at them for a long time. Ive come across these so called "ruby" bolivian rams a few times. Theyre pretty, but cant find much info on what the difference between them n reg bolivians are.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I remember you mentioning them to me before.
I did not find a lot either......
Maybe I could allow a 'special Bolivian ram' or a real EBR like Poppa got!

Bolivians lead to gbr for me initially..actually had a pair spawn in a 36 bf,cool fish though..

sit in silence...

Bolivians lead to gbr for me initially..actually had a pair spawn in a 36 bf,cool fish though..

sit in silence...

I digress... gbrs have not been so easy for me.. I'll prob just get an ro.system at some point though. Seems to be the top secret magic trick..

Did you have more die?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yah, down to one male, bandits. Ebr hit 6 months and splat.. yunties female straight up disappeared.. like no trace.. 2 cats on the prowl so who knows, was away the weekend of the vanishing.

That stinks man. Could yunites female died in the take and been eaten by snails and other fish?

What is your trick for the ludwigia sp red? It has not grown at all

That stinks man. Could yunites female died in the take and been eaten by snails and other fish?

What is your trick for the ludwigia sp red? It has not grown at all

Maybe it jumped ship and got eaten?

I dunno.. she was swimming around normally with the male and begging for food all the time when I left so..
Ludwiga sp red had been an easier plant, do you have hard water?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom