Brooksters 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno.. she was swimming around normally with the male and begging for food all the time when I left so..
Ludwiga sp red had been an easier plant, do you have hard water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ph is 7.5 and kh is 6.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Will get that number later today. From memory it was a point or two below kh

Mehh.. bout the same as me. Ferts pps pro? and co2 is plentiful? Lighting would be?

Yup PPS, 5ml marcos and micros daily(minus kno3).Fluval DC shows green going to some blue during photoperiod. Fluval p24 led, no par data available on that.

Yup PPS, 5ml marcos and micros daily(minus kno3).Fluval DC shows green going to some blue during photoperiod. Fluval p24 led, no par data available on that.

Looks like it's lighting? Mine is under the almighty bml..

I would have figured lighting wouldn't be an issue, I can grow downoi and ar mini (when it isn't being a bba magnet) fine.

I would have figured lighting wouldn't be an issue, I can grow downoi and ar mini (when it isn't being a bba magnet) fine.

I dunno man, it is a red plant after all. Could be a little more demanding than the stars and downoi. I had both growing fine under low light too.

Weird. Guess it's another reason to look into a sat plus or stingray.

My money is on the cats! I think mine have swiped a few fish from my tanks too. Never any evidence but cats are after all demons in disguise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My money is on the cats! I think mine have swiped a few fish from my tanks too. Never any evidence but cats are after all demons in disguise.

Yah,.the young one is def curious but smart enough not to do it when. I'm home, should have seen the dumb look on her face when I sprayed her the first couple times :) can't do full full Glass tops with all the crap running in and out of the tanks.

Yah,.the young one is def curious but smart enough not to do it when. I'm home, should have seen the dumb look on her face when I sprayed her the first couple times :) can't do full full Glass tops with all the crap running in and out of the tanks.

I can't do glass tops because the demons lay on them and break them and then I'm picking glass out of my tanks. It's always the biggest cats doing it too. Those tops weren't made to hold 20 lb cats.

I can't do glass tops because the demons lay on them and break them and then I'm picking glass out of my tanks. It's always the biggest cats doing it too. Those tops weren't made to hold 20 lb cats.

Screen tops maybe? Not sure how strong they are, but them seem sturdy

Screen tops are ok. Depends on if they have any support through the middle. They look awful imo so I just leave the tanks the demons can access open. No hatchets in those of course. The cats them use the tanks as drinking fountains mostly and do little fishing usually.

EggCrate.jpg
what I recommend for tops. Cheap, easy to cut out for filters etc. You could easily apply screen to the bottom side if you're worried about fish jumping through the squares. Paint it with some Krylon for plastics if you don't like the white.

Jesse

Such a pita to keep clean, you know I dump ferts and such right through it.. i like to cut evap loss as much as possible to. They do work though!

Back
Top Bottom