Bucephalandra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought a couple varieties of this plant.

I know everything says it's easy to grow, can be grown like Anubias and tied to wood or rocks, but can it be buried as well or is it strictly a tie to something kind of plant?

I bought bucephalandra: brownie purple, brownie ghost, maestro blue, and super blue.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've dabbled in this plant, was put off by a rather expensive order showing up as a pile of nasty mush and being reassured it would come back.. it didnt.. anyways.. pretty sure you want to treat as a anubias. I have another one showing up today from hanaquatics.com,.I expect nothing but the best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bought mine off Aquabid. The guy has great reviews so hopefully these all turn out. The price tag was quite off putting but the colors and patterns are too cool to pass up. Which type did you try? I was reading some of them can't be grown submersed.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Mostly the ones you've listed, think one was godzilla. They were supposedly grown submersed before I got them, i suspect they came right out of an overseas shipment with no acclimation on the sellers end. They are stunning plants..

Most types are pretty easy to grow. I have about 20 different types and they all grow fine submerged. Steady Co2 will help a lot and the fewer changes to their water the less likely they are to melt. You can get away with placing some types on the substrate (a la anubias) but IMO they do best when tied to something porous (such as lava rock).

Brook, as you mentioned you may have received some submersed buces in your order. If you're ever interested I can recommend some great sellers on TPT for buces. I've spent about $800 in buces so far this year. :p

Thanks azmo, I'm going to give this one another try and if it works out I'm sure I'll be on the prowl.. got erios going so I'm feeling confident:D

Back
Top Bottom