Buying fish from an internet store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbietrombs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone bought fish through an internet store? And if so, what store do you recommend? All of my local fish stores have really bland selections of cichlids. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have bought fish off people here, and aquabid. I have only had one bad experience. Just make sure the person has good feedback, don't be afraid to ask questions about their shipping policies etc. And the biggest one- make sure you or someone you trust is home to receive the fish!

I've bought fish from the classified section and it went very well! As stated, read reviews and make sure you can be home the day of delivery!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have purchased fish via Aquabid 3 times now and all were very successful. The important part is making sure that someone is home to receive the fish. I have also purchased fish from Gunpowder Aquatics. They did a great job shipping them, my only complaint is that their shipping costs are very high.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have purchased from aquabid angelmania and shrimp USA and it all went very well just be sure to check the reviews...and I prefer to have the seller have the package held for pickup at the post office so they are in a temperature controlled environment

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you are looking for Africans I recommend Dave's Rare Fish. Really great guy. Genuinely cares about the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom