Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long has the kenya tree been in there? Have you tried a different spot? Soft coral can be finicky about the flow they are in.

It's been in there almost a week now. It was fine yesterday, fully extended and happy. Think it's cause I did a top off. It sits right in the filter flow so maybe I don't have enough flow in my tank for it.

Caleb

Softies will shed a layer if 'skin' on occasion. This is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh cool. I learn something every day. This hermit crab just keeps on surprising me. He's went from me thinking dead, to thinking he was missing a claw, to he is fine and has both claws. Maybe it's me being an idiot again. Do hermits molt? I'm probably just stupid and neglected they molt as well :D

Caleb

They molt!(And cause trouble!!)
The Kenya will open and possibly spread like fire one week and stay closed up the next????
They don't die fast like delicate corals so don't worry to much about him.
IMO he will return to "normal" when it feels like it(not very aquarium like info but...)?

They molt!(And cause trouble!!)
The Kenya will open and possibly spread like fire one week and stay closed up the next????
They don't die fast like delicate corals so don't worry to much about him.
IMO he will return to "normal" when it feels like it(not very aquarium like info but...)?

Lol satisfactory answer. Coral has its own behavior. I think it's interesting to learn.

Caleb

Thanks.

Invertebrates sure are a blast, especially shrimp! They're my favorite kind of inverts, I love how Cleaners just jump on arms and clean them like it's a fish :lol:. I think it is Paul on here that calls them cuticle shrimp, or is the someone else? LOL

LOL, yea they will clean your cuticles! Inverts are awesome. :)

I was about to order some fancy shells for my hermits then I remembered my mom has boxes of shells she has collected from the beach. Will these be okay? Probably yes but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

Caleb

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435428314.365653.jpg

Here's my selection from the big box. Most are relatively small but still bigger than what they are currently in.

Edit: ignore the tiny one ;) it fell out of one.
Caleb

I was about to order some fancy shells for my hermits then I remembered my mom has boxes of shells she has collected from the beach. Will these be okay? Probably yes but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

Caleb

Yes they will be fine. Just clean them up good (if really dirty you can use vinegar) and make sure the chorine (if using tap water) is gone by dipping them in some dechlorinator solution.

I need a "Hank is Right" button lol :) looks like air bubbles. Woohoo no major algae yet.

Caleb

if it is bubble algae don't pop them it will only spread and get worse ,
I always remove them with tweezers seems the easiest

Back
Top Bottom