Caleb's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly Poppa..

Even with the hiccup for what I paid in very satisfied and can't wait for them to start colonizing! That 10g is a jungle now!

RCS are $5 a head here at LFS so I couldn't be more pleased at the deal I was given.

Caleb

That deal was awesome, pity none of my tanks can house small shrimp bc of the fish I have and I am planning on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That deal was awesome, pity none of my tanks can house small shrimp bc of the fish I have and I am planning on

Shrimp have been on the list a while so I just decided a nice 10g would do them justice. So far it's going well. My original female(from Poppa himself!) is ready to pop any day now she's huge!

Packaging wasn't terrible, if the box had not been dropped it would have been fine. It was just not boxed well enough to take a hit like that.

Caleb

Oh, bad luck man. The people handing it during shipping should have taken better care and should've been extra careful. At least most survived and you were able to get them just in time.

I'm sorry but lately we on aa have been giving usps a very hard time about shipping. I work at a retail outdoors store (think Johnny Morris) and sometimes things get dropped and damaged. Accidents are going to happen and we can only try to prevent them. With the delays the USPS delivers ALOT of mail daily, every box we ship is going to fit on a truck. Its like putting 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound container, either some gets left out or squished.

Moral of the story, should USPS deliver on time/not damage products yes; however, is it their fault everytime something doesn't go right imo no.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well today was the day. I finally got some more RCS. I ordered from what has become a good friend on social media.

The shrimp have amazing color and are fitting right in.

Sadly, there was a shipping hiccup involved. I have pictures but it appears the box was dropped sometime during shipment. This drop popped both bags of shrimp. When I opened the box everything was soaked and the poor guys were gasping air because there was no water in their bags. 5 DOA... 2 adults and 3 babies passed.

I'm not mad at the seller.. It could have been packaged better but the box should not have sustained the damage it did.

In the end I paid $16 for a bag of plants and around 15 shrimp of various sizes from babies to adults.

Caleb

Sorry man, that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Found out today my smallest dojo loach is a bit under the weather.

He's obviously bloated, he floats to the top but has no disorientation swimming.

I soaked his food earlier in an Epsom salt mix and he ate a little bit of it.

So I hope he pulls through or just farts and let's it all out.

Any more suggestions for helping him would be awesome.

Also I'll have pics of the 20L up soon.

Caleb

Last edited:
Sometimes dojo loaches swallow air like corydoras.... maybe he just swallowed too much :lol: I almost kinda think that's it :lol:

Hey Caleb hows the flow on the dojo tank? Found something on bluegrass that I think is a mislabeled parabotia fasciata... insanely rare botiid loach. Would go well in a cool water loach setup. I don't have a place for it but I'm kinda hoping someone on AA picks some up, so I can find out more about them...

Hey Caleb hows the flow on the dojo tank? Found something on bluegrass that I think is a mislabeled parabotia fasciata... insanely rare botiid loach. Would go well in a cool water loach setup. I don't have a place for it but I'm kinda hoping someone on AA picks some up, so I can find out more about them...

I would...if I had a Coldwater rapids loach tank and if i hadn't spent all but $7 on my fish and plant order

Let's just say I have enough equipment to make a whirlpool in that tank :lol:

2 HOB
3 powerheads- x2 240gph and a 900gph :)
As well as sponge filters and air stones for extra oxygenation if needed.

Edit: got the link for it?

Caleb

Yeah that's totally mislabeled Sini :lol:

sad to say, there has been no change in the little dojo today, going to try the salt soaked food again.

Caleb

Yeah that's totally mislabeled Sini :lol:

sad to say, there has been no change in the little dojo today, going to try the salt soaked food again.

Caleb

Talked to some people who suggested not to trust the photo or seagress (where bluegrass gets their stuff). Too bad, because I have no experience with parabotia at all and it would be AWESOME to get to hear about them more often :D

Talked to some people who suggested not to trust the photo or seagress (where bluegrass gets their stuff). Too bad, because I have no experience with parabotia at all and it would be AWESOME to get to hear about them more often :D
I've long been wondering about this. Bluegrass says KY but they ship everything from Florida. I find that odd.

Brenna

I've long been wondering about this. Bluegrass says KY but they ship everything from Florida. I find that odd.

Brenna

I have long found this odd as well. I think they eventually moved the business from KY to FL... But thats just speculation on my part.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well my little guy has not gotten any better, if anything this bump on him has gotten more defined.

Someone suggested a method of "popping" his swim bladder as a way to release some of the air inside. Not sure if I could ever bring myself to do that though.

Caleb

A swim bladder issue seems unlikely in a dojo loach though. They've evolved to have a tiny, shriveled up swim bladder that only functions as a pressure sensor.

That's why I have my handy dandy Pocket LoachMaster AKA Sini :)

What do you suggest? I fed him some salted food again today not sure if he decided to eat any of it though.

Imgur is being a butt right now so hopefully you will see this picture:

http://imgur.com/M92F8Hz

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom