Caliban's 46G Dirted Bowfront Evolved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice additions!
I am sketch on the DG but hope it turns out all good for you.
Nice move on just upping schools.
Looking good!

Thanks. Not quite sure what sketch means though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe sketch as in dgs are notoriously inbred and more often than not fall victim to a specific disease... none other than.... dwarf gourami disease.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. Not quite sure what sketch means though ?

Maybe sketch as in dgs are notoriously inbred and more often than not fall victim to a specific disease... none other than.... dwarf gourami disease.

Brook nailed that.
I suffer with my own iridovirus with the rams so....

That and they are of the tougher gouramis IMO.
Don't let the small size(relative to gouramis) fool you.

Yeah I don't remember them having that pug nose the last time I bought them. Was going to get a pearl but my gf is always looking at the DG's

PEARLS RULE THE GOURAMI sp. IMO!

I started out breeding cobalt blue dwarfs 20 years ago but got side tracked...
Sorry now,or more wonder if a caring hand could have made a difference?

PEARLS RULE THE GOURAMI sp. IMO!

I started out breeding cobalt blue dwarfs 20 years ago but got side tracked...
Sorry now,or more wonder if a caring hand could have made a difference?

Right you are making me think about taking this DG back now but I am already attached so stop ? I'm not as well up on the actual fish side of fish keeping if I'm honest. Does DG disease only affect DG or can it affect other fish?

Right you are making me think about taking this DG back now but I am already attached so stop ? I'm not as well up on the actual fish side of fish keeping if I'm honest. Does DG disease only affect DG or can it affect other fish?

Tank looks good!
This disease only affects DG's, hence the name :lol:

Pretty sure it can affect other types of fish as well?? Only a select few though.. just keep an eye on it, you know what to do if it starts turning, cut its head off!!! Wait... maybe that's zombies?? Anyways...

Pretty sure it can affect other types of fish as well?? Only a select few though.. just keep an eye on it, you know what to do if it starts turning, cut its head off!!! Wait... maybe that's zombies?? Anyways...

This guy will be fine I'm sure. Good call though as I forgot all about this disease.

Very colorful tank (both plant and fauna) and careful placement of DW.
Be sure to provide ample spacing between the stems with the reddish bunch plant. Else leaf drop in the lower sections will occur.
I look at my tank and all I see are stem plants. Refreshing to see good use of swords and crypts.

Very colorful tank (both plant and fauna) and careful placement of DW.
Be sure to provide ample spacing between the stems with the reddish bunch plant. Else leaf drop in the lower sections will occur.
I look at my tank and all I see are stem plants. Refreshing to see good use of swords and crypts.

Thanks fresh. I'm really quite pleased with it and sometimes think 'did I really do that?' Good to hear nice comment from another AA inspiration. There are many here and that includes most who have already commented. I have seen the tanks on here and AA isn't shy of good scapists. I knew to separate the stems but I prefer the look of them bunched but I will keep my eye peeled for leaf dropping. ?

Like the tank. Looks very nice and can see the work going into it.

Nice work so far. I'm digging it!

Thanks. I'll probably need some more advice on the actual plants. As for the water and environment I have provided I will be insulted if they reject it haha.

Back
Top Bottom