Can it be done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumbaaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I planning in a couple weeks to take my 29 gallon reef and add a sump and GFO/ Carbon Reactor, fuge bring it up a step....
My question is that my design has everything going from the 29 gallon below where it will be broken up into chambers, and then the Fuge in the center. In addition I will have all my things I E reactors, skimmers and then works down there (make the tank look neater)
I was wondering though, I have a spare 10 gallon laying around with a stand and a light.. looking so lonesome and empty.... I have the rock and sand spare..... Would there be a problem with the two tanks, share the sump (it is big enough for a 75 gallon deal) and then turn the 10 gallon into a FOWLR tank?

I also plan on UV lights to keep the risk of infection down.

Ya you can do multiple tanks on the same sump just take extra caution towards pests and disease since you'll effect two tanks not just one

Yes it would work, however unless you already have a QT I would use the 10 gal for that purpose. If used as a QT you cannot use the same sump tho, if that makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom