can someone help me pick a protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ngit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm trying to get a external protien skimmer for my 75g and so far all ive found are ones that are up wards of four or five hundred dallers are there any out there that are a little more affordable that I'm just missing

if its in a sump might i ask why you want a recirculating skimmer, most recircs are used for external use when the hobbiest wants more sump space for a refugium or just don't have the space in their wet/dry

Thank you for all the feed back I appreciate it I'm pretry new at this hobby so anything pretty much helps me lol

and that for why I wanted an external skimmer I thought a skimmer in a sump was an external but I guess I'm wrong now I have a bunch of googling to do

+1 on the NWB 150 Reef Octopus its the one i was going to tell you to get. Great skimmer. Best bang for your buck for sure. and I use it on my tank :)

Everybody goes through the same learning curve..... that's what places like this are for.

yep don't be afraid to ask questions i've been pretty inactive on these boards for abotu a year now but i'm pushign myself to get back on and lend a hand were i can, i'm actually startign a new 72 gallon bow front build that needs a new top frame since the center brace snaped, mostly all goign to be DIY, skimmer (glass external), sump/ refugium (plywoodand liquid rubber so i can optimize availbe space) , overflow,LED lights, if i have to i might even DIY the frame if my stupid LFS doesn't hurry the hell up with ordering me it

I just got a coralife 125 super skimmer for my 75 gallon, have it insump mode hanging on my sump, can be put in the sump too, one of the best skimmers if your on a budget. And with a constant water level, the skimmer is wicked awesome. Few things the reef octopus have i wish it had but thats where the money difference comes in, i got mine for 180 brand new

Thank you for all the replys its a great amount of help I'm thinking about drilling holes into the back to have I think its called a hirbie overflow two staggered pipes coming out of the top corner unfortunately my tanks already running so ill have to transfer my fish and half the water to another tank lol

Back
Top Bottom