Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks twitch! Hopefully it will look ALOT better very soon. LOL I'm getting antsy to stock this bad boy!

carey said:
I still have to get the sand in the tank and the rest of the rock. LOL

The fish are smart. They will move out of the way when you add the rest of the rock. And the used to live in the ocean. What's a little sand storm to them?

Got my return plumbing redone, I am soo very proud of myself. :-D May go back to Lowes and get some 1 inch connectors and stuff and do the intake side over too. I managed to get ONE rock into the tank today. LOL I've got maybe 80-90lbs so far and it looks kinda full already. Was hoping to go "up" with the rockscape this time and have some height to the structure. I have also been dreading doing the sand rinsing. I know I have to do it, just have no gusto to go do it. lol That is gonna be the hardest part, the sand....and it's gonna delay my fish ordering this week.

img_1713179_0_ccd8b664c761be08a2013b41a4b82a22.jpg

img_1713179_1_a4d2dcbd3bcf99bfcca1c4cb9e4f4583.jpg

Got my return plumbing redone, I am soo very proud of myself. :-D May go back to Lowes and get some 1 inch connectors and stuff and do the intake side over too. I managed to get ONE rock into the tank today. LOL I've got maybe 80-90lbs so far and it looks kinda full already. Was hoping to go "up" with the rockscape this time and have some height to the structure. I have also been dreading doing the sand rinsing. I know I have to do it, just have no gusto to go do it. lol That is gonna be the hardest part, the sand....and it's gonna delay my fish ordering this week.

img_1713187_0_ccd8b664c761be08a2013b41a4b82a22.jpg

img_1713187_1_a4d2dcbd3bcf99bfcca1c4cb9e4f4583.jpg

Very nice! I will probably have trouble with my plumbing, lol. It looks really good, (y).

The sand rinsing does sound like a pain, but think of how good you will feel once it is all done. :)

Got all the rock and sand in tonight. :)

Looks like I may have too much rock but I'm gonna leave it be for now.

here's the rockscape as of now

img_1714003_0_2935f7264313f912a662147dd199a222.jpg

carey said:
Got all the rock and sand in tonight. :)

Looks like I may have too much rock but I'm gonna leave it be for now.

here's the rockscape as of now

Oh my gosh! I really like the rockscape, it looks absolutely fantastic! (y)

i think you have done a magnificent job. with just the right amount of rock. i wouldnt take any of it away. i dont think i would change any of it carey.

I really like that rockscape, I wouldn't change anything. Then again I know nothing about the salty side :)

Sean

Sand is all settled now and water is crystal clear. Here are some better shots of the rockscape. Any opinion or ideas is welcome. I am really liking it so far, has the perfect amount of caves and hidey holes.

Since it's Thursday already if I ordered from Live Aquaria I wouldn't get it til Tuesday anyways so I will order my fish early next week. So far its:
butterfly
angel
yellow bream
bi color goatfish

img_1715109_0_7557f83a56abda2644481c0eb4523b97.jpg

img_1715109_1_15a4d267c4d731197ab8f673e0b6f2de.jpg

img_1715109_2_0ee425d7be1123579382113f7f959307.jpg

img_1715109_3_fc80660914fdc260cbb0c3886efe3396.jpg

img_1715109_4_e6b5371f3936f88ea5476cb1bb85ef1b.jpg

carey said:
Sand is all settled now and water is crystal clear. Here are some better shots of the rockscape. Any opinion or ideas is welcome. I am really liking it so far, has the perfect amount of caves and hidey holes.

Since it's Thursday already if I ordered from Live Aquaria I wouldn't get it til Tuesday anyways so I will order my fish early next week. So far its:
butterfly
angel
yellow bream
bi color goatfish

Looks great! I can't wait to see your new fishies next week!

UPDATE!

Just ordered my first 4 fish. I got a yellow monocle bream, lemonpeel angel, Kleins butterfly and a 6 line wrasse. They were out of stock on the bi color goatfish so I improvised. LOL

Shipping tomorrow for delivery on Wednesday. Very excited to get some life in the tank other than the cuc that hitched a ride on the live rock.

carey said:
UPDATE!

Just ordered my first 4 fish. I got a yellow monocle bream, lemonpeel angel, Kleins butterfly and a 6 line wrasse. They were out of stock on the bi color goatfish so I improvised. LOL

Shipping tomorrow for delivery on Wednesday. Very excited to get some life in the tank other than the cuc that hitched a ride on the live rock.

Awesome! I am so excited! Congrats.

carey said:
UPDATE!

Won't the 6 line get picked on because of his small size? Maybe an 8 line would be more suitable

Back
Top Bottom