Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, thank red. It really bothers me when I get a new fish and they dont make it,this is part of the trouble with getting iffy fish. :-(
I had such great luck with the last one I just assumed he would eat the same and thrive like he did. Thje butterfly is eating frozen, just some though so I will be keeping an eye on him. He is constantly pecking at the rocks so I'm guessing he's eating up my pods. lol

I've been thinking on the powerheads for this new tank and would like some opinions if you guys can. I have a reefkeeper elite controller on the 125g now and was hoping to use it on the new tank as well. The controller on it's own with no added hardware will turn the powerheads on and off whenever I want, but it keeps making my koralias turn backwards. lol I can get a mondule for the controller though but it only controls tunze and/MP 40's(or other sizes). Sooo I figure to use the advanced features of the powerheads but I can only go with those two brands. I can continue having issues with the koralia's if I want to.
If I go with the WP Jabeo's I use their controller which is wasting the reefkeeper in my opinion and just adds to the clutter. lol

The other option is to move the reefkeeper to another tank but that seems kinda silly. Unless I eventually get a radion light or controllable led panel for the 60.

What do you guys think?

Id run the RKE on the tank and run the wp40 through their controller, but keep them plugged into the RKE. That way, in any case that you the controller needs to shut down the powerheads, it can do so.

I was told that if you contact Hydor and explain your backwards flow problem, they will send you a new set of bumpstops free of charge, of course i personally have never gotten around to emailing them, but i dont doubt this.

Yeah, I;ve been meaning to contact Hydor about the pumps running backwards just keep getting sidetracked. lol

Would one MP40 be enough for a 180g or larger tank? There are some good deals on ebay right now but i could only afford one. lol

Hey Carey what about the wp40? More affordable, they work well in my 125 anyways. How about 2 of those?

Hey Carey! You've helped me a lot on here so it will be cool to watch "one of the veterans" do an upgrade.

I think you would want two mp40s on a 180. The echotech website has a calculator to help you figure out what would work for you. Or maybe get one now and supplement with hydors you have until you get another one later.

I have two koralias and they're on timers for some reason the 1050 always runs correct but the 750 runs backward half the time so not sure what the deal is there.

Hey Carey! You've helped me a lot on here so it will be cool to watch "one of the veterans" do an upgrade.

I think you would want two mp40s on a 180. The echotech website has a calculator to help you figure out what would work for you. Or maybe get one now and supplement with hydors you have until you get another one later.

I have two koralias and they're on timers for some reason the 1050 always runs correct but the 750 runs backward half the time so not sure what the deal is there.

There is a little rubber bumper on them that comes off and allows backward starts. There is also a impeller mod that will correct this.

Awesome guys! Thanks!

It's looking more and more like a WP40 is gonna be the winner. Really would have loved an MP40 but the price just keeps turning me off to it. :-(

I'm hoping to maybe buy one this week after I get paid Wednesday, just got to see how much money I have left. lol this darn wedding is taking all my extra cash, but it's only four weeks away so that will end soon and I can start buying lots of goodies for this new tank!

Get ahold of Kio if you want one. We still need more people before we can place the order.
Oh and Hydor has already contacted me with a fix, they are sending new bumpstops. Talk about fast customer service

I just sent off a message to Hydor, lets see how long it takes for me to get a response.

You guys are doing a group buy for the wp40? If so I definitely want in! lol

More good news, the copperband ate like a champ tonight, more than I've seen her eat the whole time I've had her. Great load off my mind but I will keep an eye in her, just in case.

I just sent off a message to Hydor, lets see how long it takes for me to get a response.

You guys are doing a group buy for the wp40? If so I definitely want in! lol

More good news, the copperband ate like a champ tonight, more than I've seen her eat the whole time I've had her. Great load off my mind but I will keep an eye in her, just in case.

Great! I'm glad she is being a model citizen!

Back
Top Bottom