Clean Live Plants (After Sickness and no Co2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys/gals, I had an outbreak of Ich in my planted tank, and was able to cure w/o any meds just high heat (QT Tank has Fry, and rolled the dice and lost :( )

Now, I have been clear of the outbreak for awhile, and finally got the temp back down into the lower 80's. But because I had the temp so high, I had to disable the CO2 during that time frame. With the lighting and no Co2, I have severe hair like algae.

I plan to trim the tops of the plants off and discard the base of them. The top's seem to be clear of any of this (So pretty much starting over).

Should I dip these plants in something to make sure its all removed? If so, whats the best route, I don't want to damage them anymore since the high heat did a number on them (leggy, leaves missing).

Plant List:
Water Wisteria
Rotala Indica
Broadleaf Ludwigia
Red Water Rose
Chillenes

No need to dip. I would just turn off the filter and light and spot dose with hydrogen peroxide. Wait 15 minutes then turn everything back on.

Thanks, I did not end up dipping anything yesterday. I just hacked off the good clean parts and rinsed them gently in the the faucet and replanted. Ill spot check anything that looks bad as the week goes on with H2O2.

Back
Top Bottom