Co2 and ferts on a budget.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and it's a lowlight planted tank with

Lindernia Rotundifolia
Myriophyluum
Rotala Mini Butterfly
Water Sprite
Water Wisteria
Nympoides Taiwan
Mayaca Fluviatilis
Hydrocotyle sp. Japan
Frogbit(pretty much dead from shipping)
Anarchis
Pennywort
Java moss

I have seen smaller bottles of glut going for around $10 on amazon. Some had free shipping. As for ferts, probably not. A small bottle of Flourish Comprehensive goes for around $6. You can use Jobe plant spikes for root tabs though. You get them in the garden department of most stores. I found some at the local Dollar tree for $1. Most of the time they go for $2 a package for a lot of plant spikes. I just cut them into three pieces and bury them around my plants that need root ferts. Has worked great so far. It hasn't hurt my shrimp, snails, or fish. One of my fish even ate some that I unearthed while cleaning the tank. The fish is still alive weeks later. LOL Mollies will eat anything. You could get the glut first and then get the ferts when you have a little more money. I am on a small budget too. It sucks.

How big is the tank? API Co2 booster + a bottle of flourish comprehensive is about $17 on Amazon shipped if you have prime. Otherwise, you can rig up a DIY co2 generator for very cheap, depending what materials you may already have on hand (i.e. air tubing, yeast, sugar, silicone, and 2 liter soda bottle).

Then just get a bottle of flourish comp.

How big is the tank? API Co2 booster + a bottle of flourish comprehensive is about $17 on Amazon shipped if you have prime. Otherwise, you can rig up a DIY co2 generator for very cheap, depending what materials you may already have on hand (i.e. air tubing, yeast, sugar, silicone, and 2 liter soda bottle).

Then just get a bottle of flourish comp.

It's a 30 gallon tank. And I would like to stick to liquid carbon. So maybe get metricide 14 and then save up a bit more for ferts?

Back
Top Bottom