College student with some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dominus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

It has been a while since I was on last, been dabbling in the saltwater reef side of the hobby and that has been going well, but the operation is too big to move at this point.

So I am back in the market to start a college FW planted tank. This is just the planning period, as I am deployed on a ship for a 90 day work tour (Merchant Marine) this summer.

I will be building the tank (I built one before and it went well) for a more custom feel and need some input on plants, fish to get, and the easy of moving.

Everything about the tank will be revolving around the ease of transport, so I want to keep things simple, so I guess I cant really have a carpet or what not of HC.

Things I have already:
Light: 27 watt 10000k fixture cf
Filter: aquaclear 20

Things needed:
Easy substrate that is plant friendly
Ferts,
Easy, hardy plants that are going to travel well
nano fish
red cheeries

I am going to be making a cube type tank but It will be more shallow than a typical tank, I like there to be a lot of space length and width wise, and not too concerned about height. ideally the dimensions would be 14x14x 9tall

I will continue updating the design progress as I progress. but just wanted to get the initial questions about hardy plants and whatnot in before I get back form my tour. (the things needed list)

Any help will be appreciated, and I hope everyone is doing well!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom