Combine two tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 28 gal tank and a 10 gal tank. Both have been established for at least 6 months. I moved the 10 gal tank from my apartment and moved some fish into the new 28 gal tank, the 10 gal is about 2 years old. So I am not entirely new to fish keeping, but thought I was run this by yall first. Currently in the 28 gal tank is: 1 black skirt tetra, 3 peppered cory cats and 1 6" bristle nose albino pleco. In my ten gal tank I have: 2 dwarf frogs, 3 Julie catfish, 3 neon tetras and another pleco that's only about 2" as hes only about 3 months old. Does anyone see any problem with me combining these two tanks? I don't see any real problems with aggression, maybe the two plecos iv read wont get along, the only other concern was if the frogs would fair well in the 28 gal tank as opposed to the 10 gal because of the distance to the surface or the depth of the tank? Please voice any and all concerns that any of you can see that I am not. Thanks.

bump. also does anyone know anything about the Marimo Algae (moss ball)? Will my Plecos eat it? From what I have been able to find.. it does like.. nothing?

You can try to make a water bride to connect them google it urujoey has a good video showing how to make it

bump. also does anyone know anything about the Marimo Algae (moss ball)? Will my Plecos eat it? From what I have been able to find.. it does like.. nothing?
In general, those species should all be fine together. Keep an eye of your plecos to see how it goes, but give each one a hiding spot and it should be fine. I suggest looking into filling out each school of fish too with a few more swimming mates.
I have marimo balls with bnp with no issue. It is not the type of algae they eat, so you don't have to worry. You are correct that it pretty much does nothing. Like anything else, it uses excess nutrients out of the water (but even algae does that) and it looks cool. I got mine because I think they look cool. The algae may start to spread in your tank, but you can collect it and form a new smaller moss ball with it. :)

Do the miss balls do anything like live plants as far as filtering water or improving water quality?

Back
Top Bottom