Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 4 different types of cory in my tank (1 albino, 1 panda, 1 julii and 2 melanistus) and they do school. They eat together (sometimes in formation lol), swim together, generally hang together and they all sleep/hide in the same spot. However that is just my experience with my fish and all fish are different. I think if you want guaranteed schooling you should go for the same type.

Most corydoras like to be kept in groups of at least 5-6 and will naturally school together and play around each other. I have 6 julii corydoras right now and really like them and have previously enjoyed emerald corydoras in a community tank too. I don't know of of any corys that *don't* want to be kept together and won't school.

I was told at petci that 3 would be ok, but it has come to my attention that my little buddies may be unhappy. I can't remember what type they are though

This is them, can someone tell me which ones they are, please?

Attachments

• image-1092275391.jpg
    image-1092275391.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 77
They didn't have any peppered cories, I got 4 green cories, as a bonus I made the petco people mad because I got there 2 minutes before they closed. Lol

What size tank do you have?

My julii cories and panda cories do not shoal together. My hasbrosus cories and hastatus cories do shoal together (and the oto's even join them).

My pygmaeus and habrosus don't school but the tiny ones seem to use the bigger ones as bodyguards, it's quite sweet :)

Back
Top Bottom