Cory and back fin spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This I can't find on the net for some reason.

One and only one cory has this for many months now. No other fish has this (neons, lemon tetras, plecko etc...)

It is a while spot on his back fin close to where it attaches to the body (towards the back). It is still on a fin as when he moves the fin left and right the spot moves. It is about 1/8th of an inch (I have glass aquarium so it is probably smaller then that) in size. It is not really a spot, but more like a cyst of some sort.

Cory behaves just like others do and the tank is set for over a year and I use quaranteen tank whenever I add new fish (haven't added any on over a month and he had this before that).

It might just be what you said: a fluid-filled cyst. I doubt that it is a parasite like anchorworm or ich since it has affected this one fish for so long. Unfortunately, not much you can really do about it.
Could also be a tumor. If so, hopefully it is slow growing and does not impede the cory's movement. It sounds like it's not bothering him at all, so I'd just keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom