Cory cat group question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thinksincode

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I had a question about cory catfish. I know that since they are social fish they do well in a small group, like say 4 emerald green corys. My question is, would a mixed group do well together too? Like 2 emerald greens and one albino, etc.? Or do they have to be with corys of the same species to do well?

Thanks!

They would prefer there own kind but ones of similar color and shape will school somewhat together.

Same here...I have two of one kind and one of a different kind that looks similar. Sometimes all three hang together and sometimes the one oddball is off by himself. I'd get him more friends but I can't seem to find any more like him.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like my guys will be ok. (I have 2 emerald greens and one albino currently).

What size is the tank? If its big enough a school of 3-5 of each would be neat to see. I don't think I've seen anyone put 2 schools of different cories in one tank before.

Back
Top Bottom