Cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had my cories with ghost shrimp too and never any issues at all. The cories really do just mind there own business and go about there work.

I've got ghost shrimp and my cories leave them alone, the only time there's any real interaction is when one is already dead. The cories just mind their own business, and if a shrimp gets in their way they just keep swimming and the shrimp moves.

Maybe I'm just lucky. My tank is super peaceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ghost shrimp are tough! I had baby ghosties that would punk my male dwarf gourami for food. They would run over and poke the gourami in the belly and steal the food when they swam away.

Sent from my iPhone

I took a plunge and got a couple of cory cats! Only two though :( they looked best and I didn't want to take any fish i wasn't in love with. But I'm going to check a few other places and get at least one more, maybe three. So far they've been hiding. But an hour ago I found them hiding together in the flower pot. At least they found each other.

Tomorrow we resume our search.

Sent from my iPhone

I took a plunge and got a couple of cory cats! Only two though :( they looked best and I didn't want to take any fish i wasn't in love with. But I'm going to check a few other places and get at least one more, maybe three. So far they've been hiding. But an hour ago I found them hiding together in the flower pot. At least they found each other.

Tomorrow we resume our search.

Sent from my iPhone

It's definitely best to have 5-6+ because they are a shoaling fish

Fishobsessed7

I understand. I don't think I have enough room for six, but the long term is to have at least five. It all depends on how the bio load works out in my 20 long.

I had a third one picked out but he jumped out of her net and flopped around quite a bit, and then she tossed him back into the tank in a panic and I didn't want to stress him even further with getting caught again.

Sent from my iPhone

Picked up three more, so a total of five. My LFS guy is getting some pandas in so I told him I will take at least three and start a group in my 180g. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412129643.603097.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412129687.261579.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412129711.243088.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I had 3 in my 25 gal bow and they hid a lot. I upgraded tank to 75gal added 3 more Cory's and all I can say is wow. They swim everywhere now. They chase and follow each other all over the place.

They are fun aren't they? At feeding time mine go crazy, they're all working so hard and wiggling to find food, then when the find a piece they just sort of stop, sit there, and chew it up.

Glad you're satisfied with your purchase!

Only issue I had with mine is their digging kept uprooting my carpet of hc before it rooted itself properly.

But that is very minor compared to the joy they bring

Back
Top Bottom