Cory question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cees33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I have a albino Cory that has no eyes, I bought her with eyes but one day I saw her and she had no eyes, I strongly believe it was the doings of a pair on convict cichlids I had, they are no longer in my tank.
My question is: will she live a semi normal life? Will she be able to find food and live a happy life still?, she was my only albino Cory but I recently bought her a friend but it seems as she can't find her buddy. Any suggestions?

I bought an albino Cory that had no eyes and he did just fine. My other cories tended to seek him out and shoal with him for periods of time. My advice is that you shouldn't move things around in your tank often because it will gradually be able to navigate without running into things. Also if you are worried about it not finding food, I would drop the food near it so it has a greater chance finding it and getting some before the other fish notice. From my experience I think as long as you keep an eye on it, no pun intended, to make sire it eats and doesn't get picked on anymore it will thrive no problem :)

I bought an albino Cory that had no eyes and he did just fine. My other cories tended to seek him out and shoal with him for periods of time. My advice is that you shouldn't move things around in your tank often because it will gradually be able to navigate without running into things. Also if you are worried about it not finding food, I would drop the food near it so it has a greater chance finding it and getting some before the other fish notice. From my experience I think as long as you keep an eye on it, no pun intended, to make sire it eats and doesn't get picked on anymore it will thrive no problem :)

Awesome!! Thanks a bunch for your help

I don't think the food would be that much of a problem, because lots of fish eat in the dark when they can't see. Anything that loses a sense, gets stronger in the other, so it's sense of smell will be great for food!

Hi all, I have a albino Cory that has no eyes, I bought her with eyes but one day I saw her and she had no eyes, I strongly believe it was the doings of a pair on convict cichlids I had, they are no longer in my tank.
My question is: will she live a semi normal life? Will she be able to find food and live a happy life still?, she was my only albino Cory but I recently bought her a friend but it seems as she can't find her buddy. Any suggestions?

There's a person on here that has 3 Cory's. 1 of which is blind and the other 2 Cory's walk around and guide him.

Thanks for the help guys, she's been doing well and has actually been schooling with the other albino Cories I just had to buy another one :) love them Cories.

Back
Top Bottom