Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

g_fish_jose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know Corys like to school but will different species of corys school together? It would be nice to have a couple different kinds but I do t want to overload my tank.

Sort of. They prefer to stay with their own type but are friendly and will mingle some also. Bronze and albino are the same so if you want a small group with two looks, that's one way to go about it.

I have peppered and sterbai they mix sometimes but tend to stay to their own type, saying that the smallest pepper cory i have must think he is a sterbai cause he is alway trying to swim next to them

I've noticed that too. They are more inclined to hang out with others that bear a vague resemblance to themselves. My peppereds and Schwartz's mingle more with each other than with the bronze/albino pack. But when wafers are involved, forget the shoal, it's a many-cory frenzy.

Corydoras

I know Corys like to school but will different species of corys school together? It would be nice to have a couple different kinds but I do t want to overload my tank.

Hello g...

Corys are too much like individuals, just foraging on their own to be schooling fish like Tetras that mimic one another's swimming moves. The same species stay loosely together, but don't pay much attention to other Cory species.

B

Back
Top Bottom