crushed coral or argonite sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dizzyliz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just broke down a 90 gallon tank setup and brought it home. I was told that they have a deep sand bed but when i was scooping it out it looks too course to be sand and does not look like the sand in my 55 gallon tank. .... is there anyway to tell the difference?

Thanks

You should be able to tell the difference. I know aragonite sand has different grain sizes. Mine is sugar grain size and is considered medium size. CC is sharp and jagged pieces.

Thanks it looks course and definitely not sugar grains.....I have my 55 which I used the old catle sand in but that was 4yrs ago and it's doing well. I am not really comfy with this stuff in here. Not totally complaining though it came as part of a total reef setup includin fish :D Trying to put an attactment on to show a pic of the sand/coral. Just wanted to get some input before I get it through it's rockscaping and cycle.
IMAG0060.jpg

its not cc, its deffenitly sand, just not argonite. I couldnt tell you the type of sand tho...

Back
Top Bottom