Cycle update/question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes it does thats why fishless is better you can leave the levels at lethal rates so it gets done faster. just keep water changing keeping ammonia and nitrate bellow .50ppm.

Did another 75% and got advised after that water changes during the cycle will slow it way down...

tests still the same...

Amm = 0

Nitrites = 1

Nitrates = 5

Yes it will slow it down as you take the bacteria's food away, but you also keep your fish healthy and alive. If they die you lose your ammonia source (unless you leave your fish to rot) or you have to buy another one.

I noticed you said you have took the fish out. If so whats your ammonia source now?

Putting food in daily thats how I started the cycle should have just kept doing that the whole time.

your bacteria is mainly in your LR and PWC's will slow it down a little, but as long as you have an ammonia source your cycle should move along just fine. I'm not sure that you need to keep your nitrate level at or below 0.5ppm's as a reading on 20 is still exceptable unless you are going to be putting in SPS's as soon as you are done with your cycle.
Don't get me wrong as a reading of 0.50 should be your goal. With my DSB my nitrate readings as of this morning is 0.0ppm. Then again my tank is nearing it's 2nd year.

Yeah, remove that LR and sell it to a salty!!!hahaha
all else is on tartget>>>>>>>

it takes time. the more you stress about it the longer it will seem like its taking.

Back
Top Bottom