Dan's First Journal - Iwagumi Style - GLA Rimless 36-L 6g Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! And that's not where the tank actually goes lol it's just sitting on a stool cause that 10g is sitting in its actual spot :lol: I should be getting bills window film here soon... :D

Haha... I like that. You're a hard working dude creating more work for yourself having to move a newly scaped 10g and 6g after the fact things are added with extra weight and all.

BTW, check out using an app and website called minus or minus.com. Its really great at hosting pictures because it doesn't reduce photo quality and i believe there's no limit on bandwidth and pics you can store. We're gonna want to see some high res pics, well at least i do, because this build is looking sharp! :)

Haha... I like that. You're a hard working dude creating more work for yourself having to move a newly scaped 10g and 6g after the fact things are added with extra weight and all.

BTW, check out using an app and website called minus or minus.com. Its really great at hosting pictures because it doesn't reduce photo quality and i believe there's no limit on bandwidth and pics you can store. We're gonna want to see some high res pics, well at least i do, because this build is looking sharp! :)
Yeah they're not that heavy to move lol. Well, the 6g at least. 10g is a bit hard to move when it's half full of water :lol:

And yeah I'm using TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting to upload pics- it does resize it and make it less quality :( Thanks for that site tho I will use it from now on :)

Also, Dan, when you get ready to do the background... Measure the tank first, then use a straight edge to mark your lines on the paper and then cut it out. If you try to stick it on then trim the edges off with a razor blade it's nearly impossible to get a straight line. Just a quick tip as I've done it both ways on separate tanks and its much better to pre cut it. I also noticed that when you peel it off from the paper, it stretches a little bit. I had to trim about a 1/4 off one side when I was done, so think ahead when you're marking your lines.

Okay I tried this Minus.com place...here we are...

lcsfotaYekj94

Edit- and it wont show up.....lets try this

icsfotaYekj94.jpeg

Edit- aha! So...is this better?

Last edited:
So here is the tank this morning...quite foggy! Should I plant as much DHG as I can fit since its so slow or just leave it and wait for it to carpet? Cause I have a lot left

imROZtFNusu2D.jpeg

Okay I tried this Minus.com place...here we are...

lcsfotaYekj94

Edit- and it wont show up.....lets try this

icsfotaYekj94.jpeg

Edit- aha! So...is this better?

That's strange... the pic is small. Are you loading them up small?

Here's one of my pics on minus... I load them up at around 1200x722 and copy&paste the "direct link" and use the IMG tags or the "Insert Image" in the message toolbar -- millage may vary depending on browsers (phone vs. tablet/computer). No worries, you don't have to change for me, it was just a suggestion Dan :)
ibq3R7BqxwdO2V.jpg

Last edited:
That's strange... the pic is small. Are you loading them up small?

Here's one of my pics on minus... I load them up at around 1200x722 and copy&paste the "direct link" and use the IMG tags or the "Insert Image" in the message toolbar. No worries, you don't have to change for me, it was just a suggestion Dan :)
ibq3R7BqxwdO2V.jpg

Yeah when I email the pics to myself from my phone I send it as small because it takes up too much space if I send it large lol. Guess I will have to start using my actual camera :lol:

Yeah I used the direct link and typed in the image codes. And I want the pics to be large and have better quality!

You can use the large setting. My GF emails pics from her iPhone too. Under large option, it comes in at about 1600px. Then use the minus app to upload from your phone, then delete it to save space. Once it's in minus, you can embed the image here via the direct link. AA resizes them on your thread while giving you the option to click on the picture to view it larger (as with the pic i posted earlier as an example).

I'm just trying to help you out (me actually..haha) now so when the show REALLY begins (i.e. growth, flooding, to finished product, etc.) we can see full sized pics. Guess I got a little spoiled living in an age of high def and big screen tv's or what not... LOL :)

You can use the large setting. My GF emails pics from her iPhone too. Under large option, it comes in at about 1600px. Then use the minus app to upload from your phone, then delete it to save space. Once it's in minus, you can embed the image here via the direct link. AA resizes them on your thread while giving you the option to click on the picture to view it larger (as with the pic i posted earlier as an example).

I'm just trying to help you out (me actually..haha) now so when the show REALLY begins (i.e. growth, flooding, to finished product, etc.) we can see full sized pics. Guess I got a little spoiled living in an age of high def and big screen tv's or what not... LOL :)

Ahhh thanks for enlightening me lol! Now we can have nice large photos :D

Ugh separating and fixing up each little DHG plant from that wad takes TIME! I got like 10 pieces done in 30 min....I'm so slow :lol:

Ok.....i have been having a few issues. When I looked at the tank today, it was very condensated and foggy as per usual. I opened the saran wrap up and like a waterfall dripped and fell into the soil...and a lot of the DHG has a white fungus thing growing on it. it also STINKS in there lol! Here are a few pics..

iCoj6ZLv14t2Y.jpeg
You can see the fungus on some leaves..

ibkIyT3YH5zKH5.jpeg
and the plant beside the rock has some.

I figured there is way too much water in the tank, so I am going to leave the saran wrap open for a few days to let some evaporate and dry out, then close it up again.

I also got Bill's package today!

iPA6K7dJwsqJk.jpeg
How do i get all of these air bubbles out bill!!?? So tedious!!

ibwsnnGUhnnEbA.jpeg
This has nothing to do with the 6g, its the AC30 Bill sent me on my 10g. My PM's wont work, so I guess I will post it here lol!

Did you follow my directions on how to cut it to size BEFORE you apply it... LOL I used a credit card to push out the bubbles.

Yes I did! I had like a quarter of an inch to trim off each side, it fits perfectly, just the darned stubborn bubbles won't come out...gunna have to pull out the Visa for this one LOL

Back
Top Bottom