Dan's First Journal - Iwagumi Style - GLA Rimless 36-L 6g Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright I just got back lol. I had to make a new account tho, said I didn't exist! Same username though which is odd. Oh well, hopefully some person knows what to do! I still need to go plant some more DHG before I ship some off of to Bill tomorrow :oops: I'm so lazy!!

_

Edit : Click the small line...idk why it did that lol.

That's the smallest hyperlink ever

I saw once response yesterday (besides Brian) on that post and it mentioned increasing the ventilation and removing any liquid that might be pooling. But I think you are already doing that.

That's the smallest hyperlink ever

I saw once response yesterday (besides Brian) on that post and it mentioned increasing the ventilation and removing any liquid that might be pooling. But I think you are already doing that.

Lol yes it is.

Yeah i just saw that reply. I just posted a few pics on that thread so hopefully someone will know..but yeah i already air out the tank like daily and there is no pooling water, its just always wet and dripping all over the walls and stuff.

Hiya! Mini update here. I will only do a full update and an FTS and all every 2 weeks, that way you can see all the change easier...so hang out until April 5! Anyways, you need to click the bar on top of each pic to make it bigger and easier to seee..

i1x8mfLhOVNBU.jpeg
Here are a few pics of the DHG growth. I have circled the new little shoots as you can see, they are growing quite fast for a "painfully slow" grower! (Faster than the HC!)

ib1Pq5gQ0d33m3.jpeg

inLMUzwS0DTWD.jpeg

ibQY3uqjdAORF.jpeg

That is all you get to see for now.. ;)

Looks good Dan. You might get more response at APC about the dsm. With mine if it gets funky I either spray glut, peroxide, or add enough water to drown it out.

Good to see you following Jeta! I just added 2 capfuls of Excel into my spray bottle last week, and ever since it has really got going back there lol.

I also have seen the white fuzzy stuff on my grass. Did you find any solutions?

I just took the cellophane wrap off for a couple hours at a time when I thought it was too moist in there and let it air out, and I added some Excel in my water spray bottle and so for so good, I also trimmed off the plants with the stuff on it...but I am on vacation for 4 days coming back tomorrow so I will see what went on while I was gone lol. Sorry I couldn't update yall yesterday, as I said I am away from home ATM.

Update! Sorry it's 4 days overdue. Okay....

ihoSXlnH7YS4p.jpeg
As always....condensated and wet. I threw the two lights on top just cause I had no where else to put them lol, whats like a little more light? :lol:

ibhTPVDY8BOqot.jpeg
Looking good!

ibrUATRkhNXJ5o.jpeg
Top view. Sorry, it may be sideways :oops:

ibp8w0zN0WXwax.jpeg
I have noticed awesome growth with this side of the DHG! (Probably because I organized the little DHG plants in little rows haha)

iVn3AvAY7wBAq.jpeg
This side is growing well, just some dead spots. I just planted it everywhere so its kinda crazy haha. but its doing well...

Thats all the pics I took. The HC is carpeting well on the right side, the left side is slowly going haha. But it is all getting there! So what has this been...4 weeks since its planted? Oh! I got some CAL AQUA Labs 13mm lily pipes from GLA! HUGE thanks to Brian for letting me know they were back in stock before I missed them again lol! I also ordered a cal aqua labs glass nano drop checker and a cal aqua glass "double counter" (a bubble counter hah) its all glass :D I also got a NAG-AQUA glass music note diffuser like Brian in his gf's ADA 60-F. Cant wait to get all that in there, be looking sharp! :lol: Ahh, thanks for stopping by :)

Man... it's looking nice! Looks like you got all that fungus under control! I really like the progress and the plants are looking healthy. You should put a side-by-side picture of first planted to current growth so we can really visualize the effectiveness of DSM.

Anyway, I like your Cal Aqua glassware shopping list. Your tank is going to be all decked out when finished. Can't wait to see the finished product. Great work! :)

Wow those plants are really filling in. My DHG isn't growing that well. Its got alot of dying spots but I think thats because I just planted it about a week or so ago and they have no root systems. Fungus is still there too. Sorry not trying to hijack. That tank looks amazing though! Cant wait to see it all filled up with some creatures.

Back
Top Bottom