Dan's First Journal - Iwagumi Style - GLA Rimless 36-L 6g Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was at one point, but since it was dried out you'll have to cycle it. How do you like it on the 10?

Alright no problem. I just finished cycling the 106 on that tank so this filter can cycle easier now :) and it works great on it! I had to put it to the lowest setting tho, the power of that and the 106 blasting my guppies everywhere is just PO much lol! So the 106 output is facing the wall and the AC30 is in the corner...it created this neat current that the guppies seem to "play" in lol!

Yup! :D Soo...when I came home today one of those CFL bulb fixtures had fallen in the tank!! I got it out and surprisingly it still worked...glad it didn't like electrocute all the fish lol. I need to make it more sturdy tho!

So I have a question I am unsure of before I do it. I have been told and read that adding Excel in the spray bottle can help me get rid of this fungus/mold on the plants. What I want to know is how much Excel? Do I just spray it in straight up or dilute it in water, then spray it in? What's the Excel:Water ratio?

Small update. Little bit of growth on the HC! Nothin's happening with the DHG...of course lol.

i55DZIwFOGyRF.jpeg
Just sprayed some H20 and Excel in there :)

ibkHHc9R79uUsH.jpeg
And the top view. Doing well so far!

Looks really good Dan!

Thank you! Oh - I got a little frustrated while trying to get all the bubbles out of that background....I ripped a gaping hole in the film and crumpled it all up... I have just enough more to try one more time! Crossing my fingers I can get this one without tearing it up...

Wow that's some great scale... looks like a peak of a mountain's ledge overlooking a valley. Now I know how you discovered this layout!!! The inspiration to your scape Dan! Hahaha.... I think you were sitting on your couch, chugging on a brew, and watching the Lion King... then it dawned on you!

(Cue the 'Lion King's' music!) :D

iXZWCl0XIWETx.jpg

Wow that's some great scale... looks like a peak of a mountain's ledge overlooking a valley. Now I know how you discovered this layout!!! The inspiration to your scape Dan! Hahaha.... I think you were sitting on your couch, chugging on a brew, and watching the Lion King... then it dawned on you!

Hahaha!!! Thats one of the funniest things I have seen in a long tine!

It's easy to make some one say LOL, its a completely different thing to make someone actually laugh out loud. So funny!

iXZWCl0XIWETx.jpg

LOL! this is it. This is the picture. The picture on the internet that finally killed me. :lol:

Ok I am getting even more of this fungus stuff on the DHG...what am I doing wrong? I put in 2 capfuls of Excel into my water spray bottle and spraying in a bunch 2 days ago, sealed the top and then today I noticed it was like raining in there (not really, just really condensated and wet) so I opened up the wrap around it for a while and it still stinks like rotting fish lol. Help?..

I think you should post this problem in TPT and report back your findings here. A LOT of hobbyist there live by DSM so I'm sure they'll have a solution based on actual experiences.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom