Discus and Pistos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and I'll probably sell my discus soon, they haven't dropped in health but I really don't have time for such a delicate fish. I should've thought it through for a much longer time than I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should just give them to someone better suited in caring for them. Guessing they'll need a little tlc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should just give them to someone better suited in caring for them. Guessing they'll need a little tlc.

They are going to a nice home. And I agree, they are pretty healthy now but they could have much more time spent on them.

They are going to a nice home. And I agree, they are pretty healthy now but they could have much more time spent on them.

Very respectable behavior Finn!(y)

A mature decision IMO.

I hope you try again when the time is right...I am waitng still for my second chance with discus...:whistle:

Very respectable behavior Finn!(y)

A mature decision IMO.

I hope you try again when the time is right...I am waitng still for my second chance with discus...:whistle:

Thank you and I will try again once I have more time, either that or I'll purchase a breeding pair and have a bare bottom tank that will be much easier to clean and take care of. The gravel and plants trap too much detritus and it ends up decreasing the health of the discus so a barebottom suits them best and you are able to do less water changes on a barebottom

Thank you and I will try again once I have more time, either that or I'll purchase a breeding pair and have a bare bottom tank that will be much easier to clean and take care of. The gravel and plants trap too much detritus and it ends up decreasing the health of the discus so a barebottom suits them best and you are able to do less water changes on a barebottom

>》>》>》>》>》>》

Discus are going

Attachments

• 1453840750906.jpg
    1453840750906.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 55
New stocking list for the tank.

African Butterfly Fish x1
Rams x2
Cardinal Tetra x15
Otos x6
Whiptail cat x1
Twig cat x1
Amano shrimp x4
Bamboo shrimp x2
Nerite snails

I almost decided to get an elephant nose and than I thought "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!! Snap out of it Noah, these fish require a lot of time and good water quality. You cannot get this fish as of now"

Revised the stock a little but here is the final turn out

African Butterfly fish x1
Neon Tetra x30
Oto x6
Twig Cat x1
Electric blue ram x2
Amano shrimp x4
Bamboo shrimp x2
Nerite snails

Here is the butterfly fish and 15 neons

Attachments

• 1453857911954.jpg
    1453857911954.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 51
  • 1453857923534.jpg
    1453857923534.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 56
Good decision on losing the discus. Don't be surprised if you lose a few neons in the beginning, they are very susceptible to NTD (neon tetra disease) and this kills lots of neon tetras. Also, when feeding the butterfly dead things make sure you know how they died. If a chemical killed that fly you probably don't want to feed it to him.

Good decision on losing the discus. Don't be surprised if you lose a few neons in the beginning, they are very susceptible to NTD (neon tetra disease) and this kills lots of neon tetras. Also, when feeding the butterfly dead things make sure you know how they died. If a chemical killed that fly you probably don't want to feed it to him.

I agree, someday though I will keep them again. These neons seem really active and are eating and schooling well, I am very aware of that disease and I'm praying none will have it. I do know where the fly came from, I scoured the lights and windowsills for them bc they get trapped there and die. Once summer hits I will catch months and other things to feed him, we don't use pesticide in our yard and our neighbors don't either but I will be careful. I would feed crickets but I really don't want to buy them or have them escape. He also does redily ecept flakes

About 6 of the neon tetras have an orange stripe instead of a red one. Is this normal or is it an early stage of the dreaded neon tetra disease? I know their color fades when thay have it so...

Attachments

• 1453930106562.jpg
    1453930106562.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 54
Oh and here is my african butterfly fish. He loves hanging out in the water sprite

Attachments

• 1453931546491.jpg
    1453931546491.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 54
I would guess the neons are just adjusting to their environment. Should be better soon. The ABF looks awesome, wanted one for a while now. Make sure you have a good cover on the tank, we don't want to find out how butter flies :D

I would guess the neons are just adjusting to their environment. Should be better soon. The ABF looks awesome, wanted one for a while now. Make sure you have a good cover on the tank, we don't want to find out how butter flies :D

Okay, thanks. Lol, And I did get a cover for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom