Discus and Pistos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the neons and the butterfly are doing well, I fed the butterflyfish a large moth last night and he loved it, it was a little too big so he ate the wings first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have to disagree there, neon tetra disease something completely different.

What you are talking about is true, they are sensitive the first you months and die easily, however neon tetra disease is something completely different! It actually effects lots of fish not just neons. It's pretty rare, and a parasitic infection.

As to the orange neons it's probably the lighting/they need to settle in.

I have to disagree there, neon tetra disease something completely different.

What you are talking about is true, they are sensitive the first you months and die easily, however neon tetra disease is something completely different! It actually effects lots of fish not just neons. It's pretty rare, and a parasitic infection.

As to the orange neons it's probably the lighting/they need to settle in.

Oh, I don't know that, but isn't it called that bc it effects neons most often. And thank you

Messed with the stocking a little for the tank and what do you guys think about this

African Butterfly fish x1
Neon Tetra x25
A pair of either apistogramma or rams
Bleeding Heart tetras x8
Oto x6
Twig Cat x1
Amano shrimp x4
Bamboo shrimp x2
Nerite snails

That would border on overstocked. I would choose between the shrimp groups, then lose the bleeding hearts or deduct their number from the neon school and call it cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That would border on overstocked. I would choose between the shrimp groups, then lose the bleeding hearts or deduct their number from the neon school and call it cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thanks. I checked on aqadvisor and it was pushing it with that so I checked with y'all first. Oh and with the bleeding heart school I ment 6 not 8. I've typed 8 so many times it autocorrects whenever I put a number and I didn't notice this time.

I probably won't do the bleeding hearts. I want something large enough to keep my neons schooling but nothing that will hurt them because they are all over the place

I'm so glad I bought a glass lid. I was feeding my butterfly fish bloodworms and he came up under one and struck and came up out of the water and hit the lid 2" above him and it made a loud "thunk" sound.

Neons are spawning but the eggs are eaten seconds later

Neons are spawning but the eggs are eaten seconds later

Tetras? That's awesome, try and get them to lay and then interfere with them eating it. Not sure if males have to fertilize them though. Might take them some time to figure out how to do it!

Tetras? That's awesome, try and get them to lay and then interfere with them eating it. Not sure if males have to fertilize them though. Might take them some time to figure out how to do it!

Yep neon tetras. And yeah the males would have to fertilize them so I have to figure out which are make and which are female and they all look alike, YAY. I had 5 black neons who spawned (i didn't know they spawned until I saw fry) just before columnaris struck the tank and all died, I decided to leave the tank running to see what would happen (dead fish were removed) and 3 weeks later I saw two tiny fry a millimeter long and now they are both full grown adults. I tried to find more and I succeeded in finding 3 dead ones in the filter but I think the snails ate the rest of the eggs.

The males are always sparring with each other so I think they like the tank a lot.

Fed the butterflyfish a spider last night and he loved it

Butterfly fish jumped and I found him 4.5 ft away. There are scales on my bed which means he probably landed there first and I rolled on him in my sleep which makes me feel really bad

My parents offered to buy me a new one but I'm not sure as it seems all my interesting fish that I like the most either die or I end up selling bc I don't have time for them (discus)

Butterfly fish jumped and I found him 4.5 ft away. There are scales on my bed which means he probably landed there first and I rolled on him in my sleep which makes me feel really bad

Wow. How did he get out? Open space near the filter?

Back
Top Bottom