Does this fish look pregnant to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okapizebra

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've never had any fish give birth before. My swordtails are pretty big already, but this one's belly seems to be significantly bigger than normal... I'm definitely inexperienced in this area, and I wanted an opinion.

Pregnant or not?

Attachments

• DSCF1336.jpg
    DSCF1336.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 93
Awesome, thanks :D

How long do you think until she'll give birth? And what to feed them?

I'll be getting her one of those breeding box/net things so once she gives birth I'll put the fry in there.

Um I'd give her a week or two maybe. And I just fed my fry crushed flake food and they did just fine.

Okay, thanks. Do you think I should put her in the breeding net when I think she'll give birth or is that stressful for her?

I would wait until she gets bigger to put her in the net because it is stressful for the fish. Just wait until she looks like she's gonna pop.

So does anyone know what signs to look for when she's ready to drop? She's gettin pretty big. I'm just worried because I won't be home from sat-monday afternoon... Should I put her in the box before I leave and if she gives birth while I'm not home have a family member put her back in the tank?

Not sure what to do...

Back
Top Bottom