dosing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
if a product is lets say either .3% or even 3% of any given fert. how do i determine how much to dose to achieve a certain ppm in my tank? is there some sort of formula to follow? on seachem flourish phosphate bottle it their formula is .8vp=ml (v-volume of tank, p-phosphate)

0.8vp=m, where v= volume of tank in gallons*, p=desired phosphate increase and m=volume of product to use in mL. For example to raise 20 gallons* to 0.1 mg/L phosphate you would use: 0.8*20*0.1=1.6 mL.

mg/L is the same as ppm, so you would just plug the number of gallons that your aquarium has for v and the target ppm phosphate for p and solve for m to get the number of ml to dose.

i was asking for all ferts. i was wondering if there was some sort of broad spectrum formula to dose all ferts. but mgamer refered me to a fert u lator that kinda knocked down that though.

dose anyone know of any other calculators for ferts?

Nope. Since every brand can have a different concentration, you'll need to know the forumula for each particular fert that you are using. Some of the more common ones can be found in online calculators so you don't have to crunch the number, but I've yet to find a single calculator that has all the ferts you might be dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom