Dumb betta question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know my username is BettaGal, and I know I've done a crap-ton of research on bettas and tend to be fairly knowledgeable about them. There's one thing I wanna ask before doing this. My DG has succumbed to some illness that is not contagious (I think a tumor). I will get a betta later on to replace my poor friend. I really want a plakat betta, and my Petco recently started selling them. I have albino Corys and a few snails already in the tank. I know plakats were bred originally as fighters, and can be more aggressive. I wanna ask are they like other variations of bettas in that they tend to accept tank mates that were there before them? Or are they too aggressive for that?

Usually Bettas are quite respectful to older tank mates. Its really fish after the betta that may cause aggression since they are invading their territory. If you see aggression you could put him in a breeder cage for a day to get use to the other fish. I did this to integrate my betta into a 10 g community.

I highly doubt he'll get attacked by anyone. All that's left are Corys and snails. My DG just died. I wanted to finish my homework before dealing with that. Now I feel bad. I waited too long.

Back
Top Bottom