Dwarf Gourami and Black Skirt Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrphy84

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I currently have 5- Cory Cats, 1-Bristlenose Pleco, 7 Black Skirt Tetras in a Tank. I am wondering about getting a single Dwarf or Pearl Gourami to finish off the tank with some color. Will the Tetras work well with a single gourami and which would be the best gourami to work with them? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello everyone I currently have 5- Cory Cats, 1-Bristlenose Pleco, 7 Black Skirt Tetras in a Tank. I am wondering about getting a single Dwarf or Pearl Gourami to finish off the tank with some color. Will the Tetras work well with a single gourami and which would be the best gourami to work with them? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had a dwarf honey Gourami and had no problems

Assuming your tank and filter are large enough for the bioload, it should be fine. Sometimes skirt tetras can be nippy, but it depends on the individual group and they are not usually a problem.

Thank you all for your advise I decided to go with the dwarf gourami and absolutely love it and it seems to be getting along just fine with the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom