Evansi anthia not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMDPhenomX4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I aquired this fish last week and it still hasnt eaten. I have tried Brine shrimp, Myisas, Pellets, and formula 2. Any ideas on how to get it to eat?

Liveaquaria says "

In a reef environment, plankton comprises the bulk of their diet. Supplementing with zooplankton or artemia can increase the probability of successful maintenance of this fish, since it may have difficulty digesting other commercial diets. The Evansi Anthias can be difficult to maintain and is not appropriate for the inexperienced aquarist. "

You should be able to get this at the fish store. I have some from Kent Marine that I use for my filter feeders and corals.

Heh, well you're better off with evansi because Purple Queen's are notoriously difficult to care for. Either way, it's always the purchaser's fault. Try cyclop-eeze mashed with phytoplankton, mysis, and nauplii. Be careful in using phytoplankton since gross amounts can cause increased algae growth because of nutrient overload. Is this animal in a qt?

Back
Top Bottom