Exotic's new 10g high build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Woo hoo guys, I am so excited that my mom finally let me have a new tank! My first tank (old 10h) was dragged up from the basement today, where it got hosed off and vigorously scrubbed with a vinegar-soaked rag and a Mag-Float, along with all supplies. Today I ran to the LFS and grabbed a large bag of filter floss, a 5lb. bag of gravel, a 5lb. bag of black sand, and a 20x10" plexiglass hood. The filtration will be an API Aquaclear 20, and a Tetra Whisper PF10, both with the cartridges removed and stuffed to the gills with filter floss. planning to have the only plants be some duckweed, a crypt wendtii green and a crypt wendtii red, with some x-mas moss tied to a piece of wood I have until it is rooted in. Official build videos tommorow! Go to my youtube channel Fincompetent to see the videos on youtube, as I cant figure out a way to post them here unfortunately. Don't really know what the stock will be, but I'm thinking either a betta, CPDs, and RCS, or some Pseudomugil cyanodorsalis or Pseudomugil gertrudae. Enough rambling... Ill add a link to my YT channel tommorow after I upload the videos. See ya!

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Sure, I'm gonna try to upload again. There is a face reveal ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Following, can't wait to see! I subscribed, I'm Doofy Dingleson :D I'd say put some RCS in here with some badis or a couple dwarf puffers. if you really want to go exotic and rare get you a red eyed, red tailed puffer. Get that video up, we're waiting! :)

Just watched your videos, nice. If you plan to narrate future videos you might want to lose the music though.

Just watched your videos, nice. If you plan to narrate future videos you might want to lose the music though.

I am uploading from my video camera now, not youtube capture. It added the music when I didn't want to, and makes me sound about 5 yrs old. I am 13 now though.

Following, can't wait to see! I subscribed, I'm Doofy Dingleson :D I'd say put some RCS in here with some badis or a couple dwarf puffers. if you really want to go exotic and rare get you a red eyed, red tailed puffer. Get that video up, we're waiting! :)

Sorry Nils but I'm not interested in puffers! I want to get them when they are bigger and have them in a brackish tank. I'm really sorry, but the internet keeps crashing whenever I try to upload and I click "open". Recording a new video of the tank after setup but I will have to trash the scaping video :(. Sorry guys, new vid should be uploaded soon.

Waiting for new vid to upload. Also maybe some L. repens...

Video is out! I sound a bit more like myself but for some reason my voice sounds really weird no matter what camera or mic I use. Also forgot to title the video :ROFLMAO:

Can you get cyanodorsalis locally? Auctions for them get crazy expensive on AquaBid. I've also read that they're often kept with some salt in the water. Love my furcatus!

Can you get cyanodorsalis locally? Auctions for them get crazy expensive on AquaBid. I've also read that they're often kept with some salt in the water. Love my furcatus!

Yes, but it would probably be around 60-100$ for 4. People keep them with salt in the water sometimes because they will encounter or swim through brackish conditions in the wild. I wanted to get cyanodorsalis because they are super hardy, as they will encounter brackish conditions and pH fluctuations up to 5.5-8.8 and can live in ingested tanks and will survive in 90 degree water temporarily (about a month). I thought about furcatus but I think gertrudae are more attractive, an my LFS has been getting a lot of them and a lot of CPDs lately. My LFS is awesome, and the owner is super knowledgable and will get almost any FW/brackish fish in. He's also already offered to bring in some gertrudae for me. I've also been thinking of green neons, a betta sorority, some sort of dwarf cichlid, or RCS. I'm thinking of the options for "The Stocking Game"

Nah, maybe swords. Right now I'm thinking L. Repens or water sprite. Swords might be an option though.

Yes, but it would probably be around 60-100$ for 4. People keep them with salt in the water sometimes because they will encounter or swim through brackish conditions in the wild. I wanted to get cyanodorsalis because they are super hardy, as they will encounter brackish conditions and pH fluctuations up to 5.5-8.8 and can live in ingested tanks and will survive in 90 degree water temporarily (about a month). I thought about furcatus but I think gertrudae are more attractive, an my LFS has been getting a lot of them and a lot of CPDs lately. My LFS is awesome, and the owner is super knowledgable and will get almost any FW/brackish fish in. He's also already offered to bring in some gertrudae for me. I've also been thinking of green neons, a betta sorority, some sort of dwarf cichlid, or RCS. I'm thinking of the options for "The Stocking Game"

If you went that route it could make stocking challenging.

I just realized I've been keeping fish longer than you've been alive :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom