Exotic's new 10g high build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just noticed that the water has stained and gone from 7.6 pH to 7.4. Also the tank is getting a nice "smell". It smells less like tap water and more like a nice established aquarium. You know you're a fish nerd when that is your favorite smell ;).

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Update: The wood is really doing its job. The water is now tea coloured and the water testing yielded GH: 0 KH: 30 pH: 6.5 Nitrite, Nitrate, and Ammonia: 0. I guess shrimps are out if the options. Would be great for soft water, acidic fish though.

Another Update: My LFS has a stunning trio of electric longfin GBRs that I love. I'm thinking I can put the 3 of them in the 10 gallon and if things are rough switch em to the 29. I'm having trouble with the superclean 20. I think that some media got stuck in the impeller... The filter floss and the tank have some algae on them, so I'm assuming it's getting a little established. There is also some cloudy white bubbling goop on the filter media. Don't know what it is, assuming its bacteria. Welp, thats it for today...

Pics of those gbr when possible please!

Probably wont have any for a couple weeks, the LFS used to have a ton. If you wanna see them google "Club Green Aquatics" and you'll find their facebook page...

Holler when ya want some plants.... More, you need more tanks ...... More i tell you, more! Hehe

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I thought I only wanted one... Then I learned about the fish, became a hobbyist, upgraded, and now i have TWO!!!! What has this hobby done to me????

The filters fine. It has this weird double intake and the top one was exposed. All the tank needed was a little top-off and the problem was fixed.

Some ram pics screenshotted offa their facebook page.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441564382.965723.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441564398.423217.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441564411.401504.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441584223.652535.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441584243.322782.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441584292.176346.jpgUUUGH!! After doing a HUGE 55% PWC with a really big and thorough gravel vac covering all areas of the tank on my 29 gallon upon putting fresh water back in I somehow kick up THIS crap cloud... I must say in that last pic makes one of my sparkling gouramis look really cute.

The wood has grown long strands of transparent fungus. I have to shine a flashlight through the tank and look for a silhouette to see it.

I think that the filter media will be done seasoning in a few days, when that's done I will move the sparkling gouramis into that tank until I get some rams.

Those rams look amazing! I don't think you could do all 3 in your 10 though. Maybe in the 29? For the 10 I'm thinking either a pair of those GBR's and some kuhli loaches or some sparkling gouramis and some kuhli loaches.

Those rams look amazing! I don't think you could do all 3 in your 10 though. Maybe in the 29? For the 10 I'm thinking either a pair of those GBR's and some kuhli loaches or some sparkling gouramis and some kuhli loaches.

I was thinking either kuhli loaches or pygmy cories. That's the good thing about having a larger tank with the same water parameters. If things go wrong I can move some fish to the 29 gallon. School starts tomorrow UGH... I'm doing another gravel vac today but I'm sure that once I put new water in it will make another poop blizzard...

I watched the rams for a while and they looked peaceful and happy with the cardinal tetras and clown loaches they were housed with. I think I could get away with a small school of something. The water's a little acidic now for CPDs... Any shoalers that stay at the top/middle that can do good in a small school? Maybe Pseudomugil gertrudae or P. paskai?

Why I will never use gravel again^^

Caleb

Lol yeah. My mom wouldn't let me get sand when setting it up because she said it would be "Hard to clean" I should show her these... Poop on gravel:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441636635.835689.jpg Poop on sand:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441636674.287119.jpg Just a cute little layer on top that can be easily sucked away instead of a rancid sludge bed...

I watched the rams for a while and they looked peaceful and happy with the cardinal tetras and clown loaches they were housed with. I think I could get away with a small school of something. The water's a little acidic now for CPDs... Any shoalers that stay at the top/middle that can do good in a small school? Maybe Pseudomugil gertrudae or P. paskai?

I've kept rams with furcatus and gertrudae but it's not something I'd do again. There weren't aggression issues but the rainbows seemed to be too active for the rams.

Back
Top Bottom