Favorite freshwater fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to admit a deep love for my Giant Danios. They spend most of their time playing tag with each other and screaming round the tank like mental, in and out of the plants. They kind of remind me a bit of otters in the way they play.

Joyler said:
Haha...sorry to be obnoxious! Just two more pictures!

1) is my handsome boy (I believe they are triple reds)
2) is them playing :) aren't they sweet?!

Actually the ones u think are triple reds are cockatoo cichlids

maxwellag said:
Actually the ones u think are triple reds are cockatoo cichlids

Triple red is a strain of cockatoo apisto :) there are a few different kinds...triple red, double red, orange flash, and a few others :)

Where did you find the triple red? Or any in general for that matter? I've been looking the past few weeks and can only fine them from the auction website..

My favorite LFS actually stocks them!! You would not even believe how excited I was when I saw them...almost wet myself before passing out and falling over...I know it's silly...but hey, it's an obsession not a hobby!!

pantherspawn said:
Where did you find the triple red? Or any in general for that matter? I've been looking the past few weeks and can only fine them from the auction website..

Serverumama on this website has breeding pairs for sale... I got a breeding pair from her and a month later I had about 150 eggs

I have to say I ADORE my two cockatoo apistos...I pretty much talk about them when ever I get the chance! They are like my little water puppies :) this is a pick o my baby girl...she is feisty, and don't even think about lookin at her when she has eggs! Haha :)
i want to get some apistos for my next tank:) (i wanted dwarf cichlids and there the only ones my LFS carries)

alLexX said:
i want to get some apistos for my next tank:) (i wanted dwarf cichlids and there the only ones my LFS carries)

I say do it! They are fantastic little fish

I think the minimum is 30 gallons for the cockatoo, but mine happen to be in a 50 gallon community :) they are really great! They follow me when I move around in front of the tank :)

I think the minimum is 30 gallons for the cockatoo, but mine happen to be in a 50 gallon community :) they are really great! They follow me when I move around in front of the tank :)
Lol aww thats adorable my beta also follows and looks at me

xfactor6699 said:
Serverumama on this website has breeding pairs for sale... I got a breeding pair from her and a month later I had about 150 eggs

I have to wait another month to make sure my tank is perfect for them.. hopefully there will still be some around.

1) BN Pleco: My boy is such a character, he will let me hand feed him an algae wafer. He also does an awesome job at keeping my tank spic and span.

2) Dwarf Gourami: My DG is mostly friendly with only a few territorial issues. Other than that I couldn't ask for a better community fish.

Man... I can't decide! Lol. Here are my top 4, all tied for first lol.

Starlight bristlenose pleco (I love the colors)

Orange laser cories (love the colors, and well... They're cories! What's not to love?)

Rainbow shark (my first ever fish. This fish was the reason I Joined this site!)

Bolivian ram (amazing colors, amazing personalities... What's not to love lol?)

I don't currently have any if these fish right now, but other then the rainbow shark, all 3 others are soon to be residents of my new 29 gallon!

Clown Loaches ftw! (y)

They sleep on their sides and gobble up snails! That makes them uber cool! :D However, they do have a retractable spine defense mechanism beneath each eye, so if a fish attacks them, eh, not good. :(

Back
Top Bottom