Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuvac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey forum,

I bought a new tank a couple of days ago, and bought the following filter with it:

111210192130_micron-pack.jpg

The problem with this filter is that I can hear the vibration of it against the glass. It's not a big deal during the day, as a matter of fact, when my pc is running I can't hear it. But at night (the tank is my bedroom), it's actually fairly loud.

Now, I read on this forum that some people have their tanks right next to them when sleeping and they can't hear the tank at all. Mine is 5 metres away and I can still hear it.

What kind of filter options would you guys suggest that are quiet? I know that there is the type of filter that I have, and that there are HOB filters as well. Are HOB filters quieter? Are there other filter options?

Thx
Cuvac

In my 47 gallon bow front community tank I run a Marineland Multi Stage Canister Filter, it's very quiet. I've had the filter for about 6 months now and absolutely love it. I like the canister filters over the hob (I used hob's for at least 10 years, this is my first canister filter).
gail

I have a fluval 306 on my 29 gallon planted. I can't hear it when I am feet away from it and the TV is off. I only know it is on because of the water moving.

One complaint about thw fluval 306...I'm trying to take it apart, and the seal between the motor top and the canister is insane!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's vibrating against the side of the aquarium? Can you move it further away from the glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom