Fire Eel Not Eating : /

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have you tried red wigglers i get mine at petsmart. they are earthworms but there small you wont have to cut them up there about an inch long and thin theres about 50 to a tub i place them in a feeder cone and let them go to town on them if they dont get them some one else will(y)

Yeah those are the worms I have. He still doesn't like them ):

I put in a worm and some blood worms. He completely ignored the worm and went up to the blood worms. He nudged them with his nose and I think he realized they were dead and decided not to eat them. : /

I added some Guppy Fry so hopefully he will eat those. My Blood Parrot and Angel Fish loved them.

I just supplied two ghost shrimp. I can't tell if my fire had them our some one else. He did move fast when they were added though.. ..

Going to the store today to get 85 Ghost Shrimp. Do you think 3 a day is enough? I'm moving him to my 45 and my 20 will be my Shrimp Tank.

Cool wait till he starts knocking stuff down and moving it all around..lol..you got it eating ghoast shrimp i see mine love it just ordered 100 of those and 100 zebra danios fry for them so dont need to buy for a bit did the mat there cheaper this way

Took me a bit to have my eel eat worms just leave them in if it gets hungry enough it will eat...its like when your mom makes that dish you dont like but theres no food you eat it and enjoy...lol

How long have you gone without seeing your fire eel? I have gone almost a week now. I think he burrowed but can't find him.. .

I thought of that. I'm not sure how he'd get there though. There's no issues with water flow.. ..I will see if he's there. Thanks.

Found him, went up the sump to the wet dry filter...like some color, hopefully he rebounds quickly

BGK21 said:
Found him, went up the sump to the wet dry filter...like some color, hopefully he rebounds quickly

That happened to mine...

He is taking ghost shrimp right out of my hand now. I feed him about 3 every other day. I tried an earth worm from my hand but he wouldn't take it. Last night my family had shrimp for dinner and I ripped a small piece of but he wouldn't take that either. My Gourami, blood parrots, and catfish liked it though. I'm confused because most people that have large fire eels feed market shrimp but mine only takes ghost shrimp...

Fire eels can be very very picky. Mine only eats night crawlers.

Mudfrog said:
Fire eels can be very very picky. Mine only eats night crawlers.

Can you post a pic of him?? And I wish mine was like yours. Worms are a better food source than ghost shrimp! I don't get why mine doesn't like them most love them from what I've heard. One time he sucked it up then spit it out.

I'll see if I can get a pic of him later.. my water has a lot of tannins in it as I jumped the gun with my new driftwood.. we'll see how the pic turns out.

Back
Top Bottom