Fire Eel Not Eating : /

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did you every try black worms? mine is picky eats frozen krill not the cubes i get the big sheets so there shrimp like my rope fish and bichrir love them if you want feed a good pellet or blood worms befoe you feed your eel...you can see if they ate lol

I've tried the frozen (sheets) krill and brine shrimp. Mine still only eat worms.

Anyway.. this pic is a few weeks old.

img_2102713_0_e36a79f0f400613c562d162f859ae2dd.jpg

img_2102713_0_e36a79f0f400613c562d162f859ae2dd.jpg

abstract373 said:
did you every try black worms? mine is picky eats frozen krill not the cubes i get the big sheets so there shrimp like my rope fish and bichrir love them if you want feed a good pellet or blood worms befoe you feed your eel...you can see if they ate lol

Well I put in shrimp pellets and my eel and bichir wont touch them. I might try frozen krill. And I couldnt find black worms

Well I added the pic and it disappeared.. I edited and readded and the same thing happened.. lets try this again.

NM.. photobucket is performing maintenance.
img_2102731_0_e36a79f0f400613c562d162f859ae2dd.jpg

Is a 150 to small for a fire eel because I read on a site that they need 180 gallons?

150 should be fine for several years. I've seen a 30" in a 150.. 180+ is ideal but 150 is manageable.

Mudfrog said:
150 should be fine for several years. I've seen a 30" in a 150.. 180+ is ideal but 150 is manageable.

Ok that's good I have good filtration and do 50% weekly water changes. What size is yours in??

Mine is in a 50g breeder. 48x18x13 (a short 75)

Your bichir will love em you might have to order the black worms...im getting a pound for 22 bucks

abstract373 said:
Your bichir will love em you might have to order the black worms...im getting a pound for 22 bucks

I wish I could buy a few and see if he likes them... : /

I believe most pet stores have frozen black worms for around $6

Mudfrog said:
I believe most pet stores have frozen black worms for around $6

He wouldn't take frozen blood worms so I'm guessing he wouldn't like the black worms. He wont even eat dead ghost shrimp.

Live black worms look like brown strings that dont get longer then 1.5 inches have not found a singal aquatic creature that wont chow down on those even my bn pleco goes to town on them..my tiretrack eel lives off ghost shrimp and black worms.every once in a while eats an earth worm

Yes i do keep them in a zip lock bowl in the fridge next to the earthworms...rinse them daily w/ aquarium water

i think thats why your having trouble feeding it. it so small worms are it same size as it keep trying with the ghost shrimp bulk it up...i dont recall whens the last time i saw my eel eat but stuff ends up missing and its still alive... i go threw 100 shrimp and 100 guppys a week plus 4 oz of black worms

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom