First 150 gallon build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's my male. Pretty sure he just had a mouth full of worm. :) I gave them some treats last night when I took that picture

Wait until you see the new fuelleborni im getting for the big tank. They are awesome! I hope they will breed in the big tank though, I haven't had any luck in the current 55 gallon

No! They are white and red!! Amazing. I'll get a picture within the week and they are mbuna(sp) so Malawi. He has a strawberry peacock I have to have as well. They will all make it to this thread soon hopefully. The fuelleborni and afra's are my favorites.

Bully405Customz said:
I will make sure to read the fine print but it's "food grade" after it's dried so I'm sure that's good enough. And I got black latex paint for the back of the tank... What is the best way to apply it? Roller?

Where did you get the black latex paint?
Is that paint good?

I got it at the local hardware store, they had to mix it and I ended up with a really dark gray so I have to get different paint. I haven't tried it yet though. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna use one of those sponge brushes to apply it once I get the right color. I will let you know how it works though

Well no painting today, my girlfriend was getting a little jealous I think. Haha maybe I can get some work done tomorrow

Bully405Customz said:
Well no painting today, my girlfriend was getting a little jealous I think. Haha maybe I can get some work done tomorrow

I know that feeling. :(

I can add some more good ones of my fish this evening but I haven't done any progress on the tank and am waiting to get any of the new fish. I may have some pictures of my rock I I go get it today.

I made another thread about it but I might as well just ask on this one. I have 3 acei and i know they need like 6' tanks but my 150 is pretty wide... Should i trade them or will they be happy in the 4' 150 gallon?

Thank you! I got a little bit of work done on the tank this evening. It got it's first coat of paint with another coming in a couple hours.

image-3300516249.jpg

He was helping.

image-3515262719.jpg

It looks a bit gray which it kinda is but with a few more coats will be perfect. The rim will be the same color.

image-1880391570.jpg

I'm gonna paint the Stand that sage green with a brownish glaze on it.

I think it'll all look good in the end

Back
Top Bottom