First nano tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
Yeah I bet lol. I could change my 29 all day lol. My 75 Cichlid tank is a different story. Are you running a skimmer? I ran a Tunze9002 for 9 months and never had to empty the cup so I unplugged it and I'm gonna see if there's any difference, I doubt it since it seemed to do nothing and I got tired of always dialing it in and once you put your hand in the tank it breaks the seal so to speak and during water changes I'd unplug everything and have to adjust the skimmer once again. Waste of time IMO.

What are you gonna run in your media rack? I run filter floss top, purigen middle and phosguard bottom. Chemi pure elite is on chamber 1.

If you every have a chance I'd recommend the Mp10 it kicks!! And I like that the motor is on the dry side(outside the tank) less heat and I only need one as opposed to the 2 Koralia 425's I had.

No I'm not running a slimmer because I have seen from your and other peoples threads how it rarely works. So I figured why go through the trouble of hooking it up.

Well seeing as how well that media works for everyone else I figured if it's not broke don't fix it! I may use some carbon too but we will cross that road later.

That is number one on my wish list lol. But will probably be awhile before it happens.

Any suggestions on what to add next? I know I'm a few weeks away from adding more but I would like to get a little plan of what to add next.

As far as corals go. You can start now! And that light will be good for most so sky's the limit!

Do you have a FTS? I saw the other pics but haven't seen a nice FTS.

Also I'm unfamiliar with the HQI model. Does it have moonlights?

Convict2161 said:
As far as corals go. You can start now! And that light will be good for most so sky's the limit!

Do you have a FTS? I saw the other pics but haven't seen a nice FTS.

Also I'm unfamiliar with the HQI model. Does it have moonlights?

Here you go. No it didn't come with moonlights but I bought these R2 moonlights off of amazon for I think 35 with free shipping and they work great. They are really bright so I couldn't be more pleased.

Attachments

• image-2819875849.jpg
    image-2819875849.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 119
Ahhh I love it! Have you seen the YouTube video where the guy modded the light and just put a AI NANO in the stock fixture? It's sick!! It would give off more blue. Some people like me like more blue.

Convict2161 said:
Ahhh I love it! Have you seen the YouTube video where the guy modded the light and just put a AI NANO in the stock fixture? It's sick!! It would give off more blue. Some people like me like more blue.

I did see that! I'm pretty jealous of it actually! One of these days.... Where do you usually order your coral from?

Audiew said:
I did see that! I'm pretty jealous of it actually! One of these days.... Where do you usually order your coral from?

Reefs2go or I go to my LFS. They have 6 awesome frag tanks with all kinds and all kinds of price ranges. They have a nice 10 dollar tank and then a 15 dollar tank too. Then they run deals like 4 for a 100 but there nice sized corals.

My closest LFS is a little over an hour away and the cheapest frags they have are 20 a piece and not much selection. I will have to check out reefs2go

I was just looking at the saltwater soft coral pack on reefs2go it has 6 different coral for 89.99 with free shipping. They are all zoa's and mushrooms with one recordia. Good deal?

Audiew said:
I was just looking at the saltwater soft coral pack on reefs2go it has 6 different coral for 89.99 with free shipping. They are all zoa's and mushrooms with one recordia. Good deal?

Seems ok cause the shipping is included. All the zoa's are 9.99 right now. Got my stuff sitiitng next to me will be in the tank soon

I believe I will when I get paid later this week. However I couldn't resist and made the drive down to the LFS today haha. I bought a hairy green mushroom that I think is just awesome and a type of Zoa I believe, that the girlfriend picked out. I went to a different place this time and they had tons of coral so needless to say I will be back. Plus they gave me about 10 snails for making the drive so I was happy.

Here are the two new additions!

Attachments

• image-2703917260.jpg
    image-2703917260.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image-961838832.jpg
    image-961838832.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 113
Just got my maxi jet 1200 in the mail and plugged it in. Seems to work great so far.

I have one lazy clownfish and one that's on crack cuz he is all over the place. The mushrooms have really opened up so. I tested the water earlier and everything is great.

Back
Top Bottom