First planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok going to do a major water change when my prime gets here see if that helps there sky high deep purple

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When ever mine went above the maximum reading I did a water change. I want to say 30-50% is what I was doing. I think i did both %'s because I remember moving the 10 and 15 gallons worth of water in buckets...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeh think ill do a major large one ie 80% and then re test and see where it gets me x

You can also dilute the water. .5ml tank water and 4.5ml distilled water. Multiply results by 10 to get actual number. If you don't have distilled water you can use tap water that has sat out for a few days

Im just waitin for a delivery of more prime to come then do a major change

If you don't want to wait letting the water sit out for 2 days should evaporate the chlorine and ammonia. I add an air stone to speed up the evaporation

Letting water sit out only gets rid of Chlorine, not Chloramine. Depending on your city, many places add Chloramines. I have never heard that letting it sit gets rid of Ammonia ??

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
When I test the water for ammonia before adding it to the tank it always comes back 0. Will have to test tap to make sure it is also 0

Im going to do 2 50% water changes bk to bk to bring the nitrites right down as soon as my prime comes x

Yes im still dosing ammonia and will re dose after changes

Can anyone help i need to find somewhere that sells prime in the uk other than ebay

Ill have a check nw need to get my trites down the prime i ordered is out of stock

Ill have a check nw need to get my trites down the prime i ordered is out of stock

You should be able to use ANY dechlorinator for treating the replacement water for a WC. It does not have to be Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im going to do 2 50% water changes bk to bk to bring the nitrites right down as soon as my prime comes x

Yes Prime is good but at this point any dechlorinator will do when it comes to doing PWCs (to dilute the nitrites). Considering it is out of stock I would select an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom