Fish drowning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best part is your post 28 is agreeing I have no oxygen issue so why test it? But I'm over this my fish show they are happy.

So now you worked it out! (25 posts later!)
All I said, if you don't test you don't know. There are indicators that suggest. You cannot collate any kind of data from that source. You cannot say I have no problems my O2 is good if you have only a hint. That was my point.

(This is why I couldn't work out what your issue was?)
I put it down to continental divide.

Finally everyone ended up happy, and we didn't get moderated!

Gasping at the surface, oxygen deficiency. Number 1, why because it's the easiest fix. Good surface agitation. Sorted.

Ammonia is all manor of issues, mostly related to the skin cells and gills. Not always at the surface, if they try to escape maybe yes, listless behaviour at the surface though? That points to O2.

If it's mainly first thing in the morning run an air stone when the lights go off until they come on again.
(When plants are not photosynthesising they are respirating) that is, consuming part of the systems oxygen budget.

They don't drown as such, they asphyxiate. (Like being strangled) oxygen starvation. Some species like Corydoras drown if they can't get to the surface.

See oxygen deficit in a water course.

See I don't have any of these issues though so I know it's good. Especially in the morning my discus are so excited for breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom