Fish Lighting....???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo2713

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently, I am turning on my fish light when I wake up in the morning around 6:30 after my room light has been on so they get accustomed to the light instead of going in shock. Then, before I go to bed at 10 or 11 pm, I turn it off. The fish are in almost complete darkness between 11 and 6 other than the street light that shines in my window. Just wondering if that is bad, or if that is fine. Any opinion helps me so feel free to fire away....Thanks :)

Complete darkness from 11 to 6 is fine. But your light is on ~15 a day. You might get unwanted algae growth. 10-12 hrs would probably be better. My light is on from 9 to 8. HTH.

So if I turned my light off like an hour after feeding them in the evening at like 6 or 7 that would be more acceptable?

I have a 29gal and I leave my light out the majority of the day. I like the way the tank looks. It seems more natural. The room is lit bu sun all day but none of it goes directly to the tank. I turn the light on for a few hours at night before I'm ready to put them to sleep.

Hey if I'm doing anything wrong with that then someone please let me know, thanks! :)

I use two electrical timers, i bought 3 for 10 GBP from a hardware store. This what i do...

1100: 1 x moonlight on
1200: 2 x main lights on
0000: 2 x main lights off
0200: 1 x moonlight off

Back
Top Bottom