Fish tank with velvet. Help have plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So your saying put both meds in the tank at the same time??? I never had to deal with sick fish.... I guess been very lucky. Stupid plants.... :-( I left them outside the tank for a week in a bucket outside. Guess it wasn’t enough. Have u put both meds in the tank with plecos? I don’t have prazipro. But I got general cure. And I get Tuesday ich rid med. now I am just using the ich attack thing. Thanks so much.

This morning I lost my first pleco it was like 2-3 inches. You sure I should put two different meds together. :-(. Now I am really getting sad. These plecos were born in my tank.....

* more than ich i meant. But more than I know also, lol

A lot of these diseases have similar symptoms. Angel fish seem happier today but still not interested in food. Can I do half dose of general cure? And full of ich treatment? I am nervious it to much meds. But I don’t wanna do half of it and then it won’t work. Just found out I also have plecos frys hidden in a cave. I got as much as I could and transfer them to a another tank.

A lot of these diseases have similar symptoms. Angel fish seem happier today but still not interested in food. Can I do half dose of general cure? And full of ich treatment? I am nervious it to much meds. But I don’t wanna do half of it and then it won’t work. Just found out I also have plecos frys hidden in a cave. I got as much as I could and transfer them to a another tank.

Yellow angel fish is Peeling. Look like when we get sunburn..... that started just now IMG_5061.jpgIMG_5060.jpg

The med is hard on them, but doing nothing is going to leave you with a tank of dead fish anyway, so do what you can to clear it up imo.

Did a water change. And put general cure. At this point. I got no deal what is wrong with them. Lost 2 more plecos. They look burn or has red in this. Could it be the meds? Look at the end toward the tail. :-(. I am losing hope. Should I put ich attack tonight? The tank should have some left did a 30% water change. But the bottle say to put it daily without water change. However I don’t see a lot of white dots anymore. They just peeling. Could that be the med? Their gill are also red. IMG_5057.jpg. Still most are not eating. Man for 5 years this has never happen. I never lost so many fish. I was so proud of my plecos they were all born in the tank.

Is it possible that it could be the food. I always buy them the same but maybe something wrong in this batch? I got no idea what to do. If they keep dying should I do another water change and remove the med. should I stand by and do nothing? :-(

I'm sorry your losing them. That stinks. If it was me I'd just treat the tank according to the med directions. Use the ich plus when it comes in, just sub it for the other. Highly doubtful the meds are killing them, I use that combo and more in my qt and hospital tanks all the time. I've never had a fish die from treatment (except some tetras I didn't see on the bottle were extra sensitive to ich med)

Just as an example, I qt all my new fish for 2 weeks and treat them with general cure, ich med, prazi pro, microbe lift, melafix and pimafix so they are clean when they go in the big tanks. I, like you and most other keepers, have either expensive fish or ones I've grown attached to and don't wanna lose. Like I said, I've never lost a single one during qt.

Remember that most illness/disease is stuck in that see thru box with the fish. Even in a big aquarium like a 150g, illness will rapidly spread and sometimes take out the whole stocking in just a day or two. In the wild, water flow, volume and ability to swim away are tools for healthy fish. We take all that away unfortunately

I'm sorry your losing them. That stinks. If it was me I'd just treat the tank according to the med directions. Use the ich plus when it comes in, just sub it for the other. Highly doubtful the meds are killing them, I use that combo and more in my qt and hospital tanks all the time. I've never had a fish die from treatment (except some tetras I didn't see on the bottle were extra sensitive to ich med)

Were your fish peeling from the med? Is that noRmal? The plecos just look like they are breathing fast. I put more air bubbles.

Didn't you lose fish before you started any medicine treatment?

Yes I lost 4 roseline. They were 5 years old like 4 days ago. They were color were faded away. They looked beaten. I thought they were just attacking each other and were old.

Then 2 days later I lost my 3 bala sharks were like 5 inches big. That’s when I realized this was not normal.

Did water change. And noticed the white spots on the angel fish and chcild. But that same day I when to feed them most didn’t seem interested. They would always get close to the glass and beg for food.

The angel gill look rid and white spot. And now super red. So I thought ich cause I could count the spots. But then I realized the roseline looked faded and kinda golden and thought it was velvet.

Plecos were already it in the glass n not hiding which is weird.

I gave them ich attack for the first time yesterday. Thinking it was velvet. Today. I found 3 small maybe 3 inch big plecos all females die. The plecos the small seem to be heavy breathing. They got bubbles in thier mouth I can see them when they are stuck in the glass. They look paler than normal.

The angel are more active. But one is now peeling thier skin. Gill super red. The swordtail has random stuff on him like cotton patch....

Angel are have one gill clamp. And open it every so often. The light are still off since Sunday afternoon. Should they stay off at this point? I get a heater today should I heat up the water or that putting to much stress?

I hate to see them suffer.

sounds like it might be columnaris. If so, you'll have to treat with a broad spectrum bacterial antibiotic, like api erythromycin. Id treat like you were for a 3 day dose, then if no improvement, start a round of e.m. One box treats 100g, and you need a 4 round treatment. So you'll have to order 5 boxes, sorry. But try this fungal/parasite approach first, it won't hurt them

Back
Top Bottom